Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD4320 with TNT, electric diverter, cruise control and air suspension seat.

Default Re: Most popular size tractor

If you go by the US Ag flash reports from the Association of Equipment Manufacturers the biggest numbers sold are under 40 hp.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    If you go by the US Ag flash reports from the Association of Equipment Manufacturers the biggest numbers sold are under 40 hp.
    Ok, so now it's down to tractors that use 48", 54", 60", 66" and 72" loaders and implements. Now if we can narrow that down to maybe 2 or 3 of these sizes.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    John Deere 790 w/ 300 loader

With bigger farms and tree nursery/farms around here the HP numbers are scewed a bit. But most of the big farms have a "smaller" tractors to run loading/unloading augers, drainage pumps, mowing, fencing and feeding chores, loader work in barns 50HP on down gets a good part of that. On the tree farms and nursery acreage due to fitting down narrow rows of trees and seedlings 30HP on down is popular.
    790 JD W/ 300 loader
    Lots of implements for loader and 3pt
    Can't do it burn'n diesel, is not worth do'n

Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

Most often sold? Hmmm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

I live in the heart of the corn and soybean country, and I know alot of 200+hp machines are being sold, but they tend to last a long time and are kept going for a long time, usually many thousands of hours. I would bet that almost every farm around here of any size has at least 1 machine that is 200 or more hp and sometimes 2. On the other hand, they also often have a machine that is 40-150 hp, so they are very common. I think very few farms around here use SCUT or CUT size units, thats more of the home owners, small acreage, hobby farmer kind of thing.

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Thanks for your replies, but I think that some of you might be misunderstanding my question. I am not asking what is the best all around size. My question is what is the most common size that is sold. I don't care if someone has a 100hp machine on one acre and someone else has an 18hp that they use on their 40 acres. I was just wondering what is the most common size tractor that people buy?
    LOL, I suppose you can literally say that I just 'bought the farm'. Almost figuratively and literally. With my 80 hp tractor I found an old cistern I didn't know existed. I believe I'm going to have to get me another tractor because my other "tractors" are actually dedicated mowing machines. Now that I bought my wife's grandparent's old farm, I probably need an additional smaller tractor for some of the tight areas there. I don't recall the hp it had, but the JD 4600 tractor I had several years ago seemed to be a good size for most chores. Sure, it won't do what my 80 hp (PTO) tractor will, but it definitely doesn't weigh as much either.
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Thanks for your replies, but I think that some of you might be misunderstanding my question. I am not asking what is the best all around size. My question is what is the most common size that is sold. I don't care if someone has a 100hp machine on one acre and someone else has an 18hp that they use on their 40 acres. I was just wondering what is the most common size tractor that people buy?
    Hard to get a straight answer?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERLK View Post
    Must have a lot of free time or else wants to develop the most salable tractor.

Andy

its little offtopic
    but i use a same frutteto II 75 and a fiat store 402 (and i had a mf135 until the engine broke 40years)

im from greece

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERLK View Post
    Seems like it. Maybe just confused? Do I need to rephrase the question?

[Must have a lot of free time or else wants to develop the most salable tractor.[/quote]

Yes, some research.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast