Buying '95 Kubota L2350DT - pricing quest?

/ Buying '95 Kubota L2350DT - pricing quest? #1  

Jrunfast

We are buying a home on 10 acres with some fairly steep hills. The current owner has used a '95 Kubota L2350DT for last several years, has 1400 hours on it. He has asked if we want to buy it.

It includes: Kubota L450S loader and bucket / Pacific DX60 Rotary mower /
John Deere Roto tiller, scraper, sprayer, and auger.

This is all new to me. Does anyone have an idea on what a conservative price would be. He wants to get rid of stuff, as he is moving to condo. We will need something like what he has for weed control, etc. Our lawn tractor wont do those hills.

We dont have to buy, so we would want to pay him very conservatively.

/ Buying '95 Kubota L2350DT - pricing quest? #2  
We are buying a home on 10 acres with some fairly steep hills. The current owner has used a '95 Kubota L2350DT for last several years, has 1400 hours on it. He has asked if we want to buy it.

It includes: Kubota L450S loader and bucket / Pacific DX60 Rotary mower /
John Deere Roto tiller, scraper, sprayer, and auger.

This is all new to me. Does anyone have an idea on what a conservative price would be. He wants to get rid of stuff, as he is moving to condo. We will need something like what he has for weed control, etc. Our lawn tractor wont do those hills.

We dont have to buy, so we would want to pay him very conservatively.

If you have gardening aspirations the tiller will be golden. If you have to maintain a gravel drive or similar the scraper is good. If you will do any fencing the auger is a great item. If you want to mow the place to avoid looking like a weed ranch then the mower is a great idea unless you want putting green results in which case you need a different mower.

Sounds like the previous owner pretty well gathered up what you would need for DIY maint of your property. If you have no intention of doing it yourself and hire everything done, do you need a tractor? If you want to DIY then it is a good idea. 1400 hours is not excessive for a well maintained Kubota. I am over 1000 on mine and no major repairs. No engine work, no tranny work just little items like a filter minder or a rubber boot on the steering. Oh and a replaced window (cab model) as I got carried away and hit a limb too hard.

I am not familiar with that model so can't give a good idea of an appropriate price but I will say if you don't get it AND you like to handle your projects yourself you will probably regret not getting it or something like it.

Maybe you will get lucky and someone here will be familiar with that model and things like initial cost and a good guess as to current value.

Why is it that the owner didn't say how much he wanted? You could have shopped that price around to see what alternative tractors were available for that amount and gotten an idea about resonableness.

Pat

/ Buying '95 Kubota L2350DT - pricing quest? #3  
I have an L2500 DT, 1999 model, bought new. I have 900 hours which is about 100 hours per year (I also have 10 acres) so the hours seem right on to what I put on and I use it pretty regularly. I assume it's 4wd, you didn't say but if it isn't don't even consider it. Without all the implements I'd say 8-9K is a fair range. Implements you can price out individually. You may be better off asking him what he wants for everything and go from there. I would also ask for the maintenance records, that should be a factor on what he gets. (The 800 hour is a major maintenance and then again at 1600 hours). Not sure how long a clutch should last but to replace that the tractor has to be split which isn't hard but isn't cheap either.