30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model?

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model? #1  

JonBrown

My dad and I are looking to buy a tractor for his property. Either new or used. The price is not set in stone but preferably not much over $20k for new and around $12k for used. We like the 30-40hp tractor range because of the size and maneuverability of it. The price above would preferably include a front loader and back-hoe. We are both mechanically inclined and would like parts readily available.

We are not sure on the brand. We of course like the JD and Kubota. We have looked at NH and a used yanmar. Just wondering opinions and I know you guys are much better at this then me. Open to all idea's and stories.

Thanks,

Jon Brown

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model? #2  
There are several good brands in that HP size. It would be best to sit on as many as you can and see what fits you best. Some tractors are more comfortable to one person than another. Just like tractors, not all people are built the same.:D Good luck on your search and enjoy the experience. You will find the right tractor just for you.:)

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model? #3  
There are several good brands in that HP size. It would be best to sit on as many as you can and see what fits you best. Some tractors are more comfortable to one person than another. Just like tractors, not all people are built the same.:D Good luck on your search and enjoy the experience. You will find the right tractor just for you.:)

I agree, and take into account the costs associated with each tractor. Oil & hydraulic filters, dealer service (costs with pickup and/or delivery), cost of options, etc etc. After you do this, and rethink everything through twice, Then go and buy yourself a Kioti:D

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model? #4  
Might try a good condition frod tlb in the 3-4-5 series range..

soundguy

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model? #5  
Find a Massey Ferguson dealer. Walk in and ask to see what they have in the 500 series. They are simple, cost effective, and VERY efficient tractors. You'll find NEW 40hp (533) in the $14,000/$15,000 range. (Local dealer has 'em @ $14,850) That particular tractor is a direct descendant of the classic MF135. You'll see a strong resemblance to the 135. Technology is improved, but the general theme of the tractor is the time-tested design that Massey has carried from their beginning. This is a tractor that an average mechanically adapt person can work on, understand, and use for ages.

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model? #6  
Check out the local dealers in your area. I did that first before I decided on a brand. You will be dealing with them for parts and maybe service. You will be surprised how much the quality in service varies from dealer to dealer.

All the majors New Holland, John Deere and Kubota are good in this range!

Let us know what you end up with.

Wally

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model? #7  
Didn't the new 2600 series replace everything in the 500 series below 65hp?

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model? #8  
Didn't the new 2600 series replace everything in the 500 series below 65hp?

That's possible, I'm not current on the models, but most Massey dealers I've been at have 533's in stock. They may be left-overs, but they are bargains.

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model?
Thank you all. I will continue to looks but just wanted you to know the post are appreciated. I will definentley be looking at the Massey Fergusons and the new Bobcat line.

/ 30-40hp Tractor. Brand? Model? #10  
Kubota,Massey,Kioti,John deere,New holland,Case to name a few.Look at and try them all,IMHO a tractor is a major investment.coobie