What is equal to JD 4300?

/ What is equal to JD 4300? #1  

ChrisNJ

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310 e-hydro
I am looking for a used late model 30hp+/- tractor that will have loader and backhoe capabiliies. I rented a BX22 and it didn't do the deed here in NJ (rocks, hardwood trees). So according to the specs, the JD 4300 performance blows away the little BX. It even outperforms the Kubota 2710's and B21 types. And I don't have any specs on the NH. What others brands and models would be somewhat equal to the JD4300??
I will probably go with a 4300 if I can find a good deal but would like some alternates. thanks in advance

/ What is equal to JD 4300? #3  
Kubota L3010 or L3410 would be the equal of the JD4300. L3010 has 32HP.

/ What is equal to JD 4300? #4  
In the New Holland line I believe the TC33D is roughly the equivalent. I think you will find it is more tractor for the money. At least I did last year when I was shopping. The equivalent JD was a couple of thousand more and didn't have some of the standard features of the deluxe boomer like the nice seat and the telescoping 3pt hitch arms. Although the JD has the quick remove loader bucket as standard and it is an option on the NH. You have to see what feels right to you and which one is the best deal with the best dealer.

/ What is equal to JD 4300? #5  
The John deere 4300 is 27 PTO HP with a gear drive. The Cub Cadet 7300 is 26 PTO HP with a gear drive. The Cub 7336 is 29.5 PTO HP.
Also, NH has the TC33 at 28.6 PTO HP with a gear drive. Or the TC35 at 29.6 PTO HP.
Happy hunting!

/ What is equal to JD 4300? #6  
Chris,

I'm definitely not an expert on New Holland products but when I was pricing tractors one of the best values I saw was a TC30 which isn't specifically classified as one of the "Boomers" but it is close to them. It is more classified as the economy model. Sounded pretty nice. Had lots of HP - around what you are after - and the price was very good.

/ What is equal to JD 4300? #7  
I nearly bought a JD4300, but the dealer wouldn't budge in price...and the service dept was severely backlogged. Gave me a bad feeling about service after the sale, and he was the only JD dealer within a reasonable distance from home.

Never seriously considered NH because the salesman took one look at my muddy jeans and walked right up to a well-dressed looky-loo. But that's on the dealer, not the tractor. We don't have many NH/Fords around here but they're solid units with a great reputation.

I settled on a Kubota L3010HST and have been very pleased with it. In hp and hydraulic output it comes in slightly less than the 4300, but has more than enough for my needs...and came in about $3k less than a similarly equipped 4300 (again, from my local dealer).

Best of luck!

Pete

/ What is equal to JD 4300? #8  
Boondox,
Did you ever consider that your Kubpta L3010 might just be the equivalent or ,dare I say, a better machine than a 4300,notwithstanding the $3000 upcharge? You seem to carry around a bit of angst about your Kubota purchase. Maybe you should just "let it go"?

/ What is equal to JD 4300? #9  
New Holland also offers the TC29D. Although 3 horsepower less than the 4300, I find it more than an equal to the one I test drove. Also New Holland is offering excellant financing right now.

/ What is equal to JD 4300? #10  
I just priced out a NH 33 hydro against a JD 4310 hydro. Both were identically equipped. The JD was $3500 more than the NH and $2500 more than a Kubota L3010. JD dealers won't negotiate due to lack of supply.