Small tractor w/good lift capacity

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #1  

sqdqo

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 492 w/Quicke Q750 loader
I have begun looking for a small 4wd tractor 40hp minimum with a bucket and as good a lift capacity as possbile. Am looking at used as I cannot afford new. Needs a 3pt & PTO. I have looked at both the Ford/New Holland 545d & Case 480's, these machines are more robust than the compact or AG type tractors with considerably more lift capacity but they are almost to much tractor to put on a trailer and tow with a 3/4 ton pick up. Any opinions would be appreciated.

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #2  
Kioti DK40 with the KL401 loader:

41HP Engine
34HP PTO (shuttle shift tranny)
32.5HP PTO (HST)
4,202lbs with AG tires (no loader, ROPS)
4,500lbs with Cab
KL401 FEL lifts 2,761lbs at the pins to a full height of 107.8"

You should be able to find a used one in your area and you will be hard pressed to find another similar sized tractor with that kind of loader capacity.

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #3  
As you already know, the 545 and the 480 are way more tractor than any of the std 40hp ag tractors. But if you need to haul em, then the ags are going to be a lot easier. Do you have to move them, or do you just want to be able to?

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity
I just want to be able to haul them periodically, 40hp would be minimum.

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #6  
The units you are looking at are industrial versions and will have higher lift capacities than AG. or compact applications. What will you be loading and at what height? What will you be powering at the PTO? A large compact or AG. framed tractor could work for you once you have determined your maximum loads and PTO needs.

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity
I have a piece of property where we do alot of firewood cutting which involves log lifting, some quite large. I have experienced several times what someone else mentioned as the "pucker factor" when lifting heavy as the rear end gets light. I run a 6' brush hog and 6' tiller, and an 84" blower in the winter. I just don't want to be undergunned anymore.

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #8  
you should look at the john deere 110 with 43 horse power and 3 point hitch, its a great and very powerful tractor for the money and it has a quik hitch for grapples ect.

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #9  
Look at the Kioti DS4110 41hp with close to a 2,800lb lift on the front loader and standard quick tach bucket.
You can't go wrong for a tractor that size for under 16k brand new!:eek:

Check your PM

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #10  
I can't imagine a better choice than the Kioti DS4110 that Rick recommended.