Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #1  

FLYBOY1

Hi, I have been lurking for a while, learning a bunch. I just sold my Kioti tractor and have been looking at a lot of Deeres and Kubotas. I narrowed it to either the 3320 or the 3240HST Kubota. I am leaning more toward the Deere at this point. Price isn't really a fact, they are so close it isn't a factor. The biggest diff is the forward and reverse. I have some pretty major injuries and my right ankle doesn't work well. The JD seemed to work easy but the Kubota was major work to make it go.

Any major complaints about the JD? It seems like a great tractor to me. According to the specs, it outdoes just about everything on the kubota 3400 I was looking at, still have to compare the new one. They just showed it to me yesterday. I like the way the JD opperates better though at this point.

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #2  
It seems to me you already know the answer "The JD seemed to work easy but the Kubota was major work to make it go. "

I am not familiar with the 3320 (or the Kubota for that matter) but if the Deere works better for you in your situation, then there's your answer. I don't think anyone will tell you the 3320 is flawed and you're making a mistake, but you might post a "Opinions on 3320" thread on the JD Forum if you're worried.

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #3  
Hi Flyboy, I have an 2007 3320 Ehydro with 300x loader with about 110 hours on it and have done tons of loader work and brush cutting on 160 acres of rough rocky property and am really happy and amazed at the power and performance, I also plow about 10-12 drive ways each snow storm and have no problems at all, very easy on fuel also. very comfortable and easly joy stick operation, I honestly believe it's the best money I have ever spent. MH in MN

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #4  
My right ankle works fine, but having said that, I didn't really like any of the Red / Orange treadle machines that I drove. Both my JD and Craftsman have the twin pedal design and IMO that's the only way to go. Ergonomically everything just seems to be in the right place for easy operation. FEL controls are at fingertips - not mounted on loader like some units. I have 447 BH

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe
Thanks. I will go drive it one more time but have pretty much made up my mind. Guess I was just wanting to reassure. Its a nice tractor. I thought the Kioti was good but the parts used it it were junk. I had way too many blow ups in the 200 hours I put on it. Clutch blew, main hyd pump housing crystalized, shift link broke. Seemed good but not strong. I like the JD so far, I hope its as awesome as everyone says. I am mostly landscaping, moving dirt and such. Not huge hard on it but some may consider it harder.

Thanks for the input.

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe
Just my luck, went to look one more time and they sold the one they had. I will have to order it. No worries though, the throttle is different on the new ones and I hear its better. It will be a couple weeks but it will work.

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #7  
So what Kioti model did you own that had all the problems?

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #8  
I had a 3320 and really liked it. I traded it for a 4320, however, because I need a medium duty 6ft bush hog.

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #9  
Just my luck, went to look one more time and they sold the one they had. I will have to order it. No worries though, the throttle is different on the new ones and I hear its better. It will be a couple weeks but it will work.

As long as you can still get a good price, then custom ordering might be a bonus - you can order everything exactly as you want. If you ever think you'll have a grapple or FEL mounted snow plow or ???? order the "hard Lines" for the FEL. For $100 order the Auto Cruise Control. Consider 3rd SCV and Power Beyond for BH or whatever at later date. Consider Mid-PTO. It's a lot easier to add some of these things at the factory than later at the dealer.

I have Ballast Box and I-Match, neither ever used - the BH is my BB. there will also be the R4 / AG / Turf Tire decision to think about.

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #10  
The JD 3320 with the equipment that you specified is an excellent machine. I did a bit of research before I bought and the JD3320 and 4105 were top contenders. You will be very happy with your choice.:D