What would you recommend for 5 Acres??

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres?? #11  
I have 8 achers, 4 are lawn...check my bio out. I have the TC21D with MMM and 54"FEL It mows great and has real good manuverability. I mow several other people property with it also along with bushhogging, posthole digging and tilling it is the perfect trailor size compact and dont scare away people when i pull up in front of there lot to mow or dig or whatever they want. Im havin fun help paying for my lawn equipment....Get the TC21D...you wont be sorry, Larry

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres?? #12  
I agree with Larry. I own a TC21D also, and its great for a person who has midsize tasks. I looked around a lot. The TC21 is very easy to use for mowing a lawn, and also not too small for light to medium duty hard work. This tractor has done everything that I've ask it to. Kent

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres??
I went to the local NH dealer and he was pitching the TC30.

Any opinions on this machine relative to the TC21D/TC25D?

The bigger issue emerging at my home is the choice to ;

A. Buy one multi-use compact tractor for both field and turf.

or

B. Buy a lawn only machine and contract out the field work.

We just moved in so there are fences to put up, field irrigation systems to be laid, trees to plant, and a need for a small auxillary building.

thx

vin

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres?? #14  
I own a B-7500 and also have 6 acres. I finish mow about 2 1/2 acres and brush hog a 3 acre pasture very rough. The B-7500 handles my Woods RD 6000 finish mower(5 ft) and a 4 ft. Howse brush hog. It is also capable of pushing snow with the rear blade. I also found the Kubota at least in my area to be best price value. Bottom line test all the tractors that have been discussed on this post and choose the one that feels the best and has a dealer you feel comfortable with, and then get out there and have fun /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres?? #15  
That woods mower gives a nice cut, doesn't it? I looked at one when I was considering tractors with 3pt hitches. Had I purchased one with a 3pt, I would have gotten the woods over the factory MMM. It looked well built, gave a great cut and was easy to attach and remove, for a 3pt implement /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres??
After a month or so of research I decided on the BX2200 with 60"MMM, FEL, turfs, and a rear blade. I think it's a good fit for my terrain, relatively flat, and situation, 90% mowing.

This site is great resource.

Thanks to all for the inputs.

Vin

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres?? #17  
Good choice. I looked at the B2200 and BX22 but ended up with the B7500 because of the ground clearance I needed on my 5 acre woodlot. Have fun with your new tractor.
-Terry

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres?? #18  
HI,

I have 3.7 acres and started looking at the BX22 and when it was all over, bought a B2910. I don't regret going larger at all. Just had it delivered two days ago.

Went to the dealer to pick up my tooth bar for the loader today and the B7500 looks so small...and to think I thought the B7500 was the size I needed!

Money is an important aspect. If you can afford it, you might want to go larger and be satisfied for the next with what you buy for the next 20 years. Buy too small and you will trade for what you really want/need and probably this will cost more in the long run. That was my thinking...

The woods RD6000 that I bought seems just perfect. I wish the grass would grow!!!

This is my limited experience speaking here. I was worried that I was buying too big when I finally decided on a B2410, but after deciding on the 24 hp B2410, when it came down to the wire I went bigger and now I am REALLY glad I did.

It is tough trying to decide when you have little experience under your belt. At least it was for me.

The message I got here at TBN was "when in doubt, go bigger!'

It worked for me...

Bill Macher in Pgh, PA...more or less...

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres?? #19  
<font color=blue>The message I got here at TBN was "when in doubt, go bigger!'</font color=blue>

I tried this line on my wife. All she said was "Well, duh! What do you think a bunch of guys talking about tractors would say?!" I'll probably have to wait a couple more weeks before I try that line again /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif.

/ What would you recommend for 5 Acres?? #20  
Great choice on a fine machine. It will last you for years and you'll never regret it. Congratulations!