B2710 vs. JD 4115

/ B2710 vs. JD 4115 #1  

gusg

Silver Member
Tractor
B7510 with R4s
I have narrowed my search down to these two tractors. The JD 4210 is nice but it is about $800 more than the B2710 with an FEL and 60" MMM but it is more tractor than I need or can store easily. I drove the JD 4115 today and liked it except for a few things. The tractor is noisier than the B2710 and it vibrates quite a bit at idle. I also didn't like the idea of having to use a chain kit to hold up the MMM when I use the three point. I may consider a rear mount mower now if I get the 4115. The B2710 is $1500 more than the 4115. The 4115 is $16,550 out the door with 410 FEL and 60" MMM and the B2710 is $18021 out the door with the same equipment but with three more HP and the same weight.

The JD does have direct injection where as the 2710 is indirect which should make it easier to start in the winter. The 2710 is 4 cyl. vs the 3 cyl. JD.

Does anyone have an opinion on these two tractors? I know the 4115 is new but maybe someone has had a chance to look at it.

/ B2710 vs. JD 4115 #2  
gusg,

I don't know much about either of these tractors but from what I've been reading on TBN lately - if the JD dealer doesn't have the exact tractor you are looking for at his location I'd immediately go buy the 2710 because you'd be outside working for weeks maybe months before you actually got your tractor.

As a side note I'd take a peek at the thread right below this one about the "unhappy 4115 owner". Might help you make up your mind.

/ B2710 vs. JD 4115
He has the tractor in stock and I can get it in two days if I sign the paperwork tomorrow. I have read the thread below this one and I will give it consideration. Maybe it is an isolated case. I also will be able to return the tractor if I am not happy within 30 days (so I'm told this is a JD standard).

/ B2710 vs. JD 4115 #4  
gusg,

I think they are both great machines (I'd like either one) but I've been reading alot of threads with complaints about some of the new 10 series tractors - you know how a first year productin of any model (car, tractor, etc) can go. I have a JD myself so I don't bleed Orange or anything like that.

But since you asked I'd get the Kubota. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ B2710 vs. JD 4115 #5  
That is a great price on the 4115. I couldn't get that on a 4010 (18 HP).

Either machine will do the job. Do you have a preferance as far as dealers?

Was the vibration at slow idle (as low as it would go?) If yes, don't worry about it. Most diesels like to idle at a couple hundred RPM above the minimum.

If you have youngsters that will be operating the tractor you may lean towards the JD as it has an operator presance system.

Good luck & Enjoy

PS my blood is a little more green than orange. I ended up with a New Holland because of how the dealer treated me.

/ B2710 vs. JD 4115
Why do you say a RFM for now? Are you considering going to an MMM? I am considering a RFM instead of the MMM. I don't think the CFO would use a RFM though because it makes the tractor so long. The RFM will also go wide on turns unless I add stabilizer bars.

/ B2710 vs. JD 4115 #7  
I have a JD 4200. One thing I'll suggest you check out is whether either or both of these will accept a backhoe. I know Deere stated specifically that the JD 4100 was not designed to handle a backhoe. I know that I never thought I'd use a backhoe and didn't even want one when I bought my 4200 used. Now I find I've logged more time in that seat than I have the actual tractor seat. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'm one Deere owner who'll tell you the Kubota is a fine machine. Check out your dealers and see which is the one with whom you feel more comfortable. As has been said before, your dealer is very important. Good luck with whichever you choose.

/ B2710 vs. JD 4115 #8  
Gusg,

The reason my signature says <font color=blue>60" RFM (for now)</font color=blue> is because it is a loaner untill my 60" MMM comes in. There are several posts debating the merits of each. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=161556&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=>Click here for a recent one</A> I am looking forward to getting my MMM as the RFM adds 5 feet to the overall length of my tractor.

/ B2710 vs. JD 4115 #9  
Gusg,
The price for the 2710 doesn't sound all that great. I just yesterday rec'd a price for a 2910 w/ a FEL and 60" MMM for $18,000. Another dealer quoted $18,400.