Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab? Please help!

/ Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab? Please help! #1  

FRIZ

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4720 Cab
Some of you guys must think that I am crazy. I just bought a John Deere 4720 and now I am talking about buying another tractor. And the Kubota B3030HSDCC cab and John Deere 3720 cab have not only different price points but are also different in size. For this (serious) discussion let us consider the money as irrelevant.

The task is to mow around the three ponds (1.5 acre, 1+ acre and 0.5 acre), all with trees and grass around them, as well as the house which also has trees and grass around it.

My John Deere 4720 has R1 tires. Therefore it is useless to bring it anywhere near a lawn or grass area. I originally wanted to buy the John Deere x749 with a 60in mid-mount mower. But now I am attracted to the Kubota B3030HSDCC (air-conditioned cab, no mosquito bites?. Both the Kubota B3030HSDCC cab and the John Deere 3720 cab come with a 72in mid-mount mower.

For either the Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab I would order a PTO driven leaf blower to get the leaves away from the ponds.

Also my John Deere 4720 has a hydraulic snow plow for its FEL. I would order a front end snow blower for either the Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab.

Last but not least I will order an FEL - for small tasks around the house - for either the Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab.

So you might ask: What is the big deal if you have found the perfect second tractor in the Kubota B3030HSDCC cab?

The issue is that the John Deere dealer is 8 miles away and is very attentive to me (I have been talking with them since last November and bought the JD4720 there in June.) The Kubota dealer is more than 30 miles away and I just cannot connect with anybody there.

Also keep the following in mind:

The Kubota is lighter by approximately 800 pounds and shorter (in height) by approximately 6 inches. (I know, in either case my STIHL will be busy)

The John Deere has approximately 50% more HP which should help in any task but especially with the PTO driven leaf blower. (I can order a bigger PTO driven leaf blower with the John Deere.)

Also the John Deere can borrow all FEL attachments from its big brother (as long as I keep weight in mind).

Please help with constructive criticism and with your experiences.

Thank you,
Regards,
FRIZ

/ Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab? Please help! #2  
There is no doubt that mowing with a smaller B3030 will be more enjoyable. The 3720 is so simular to what you've already got, it hardly makes sense.

/ Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab? Please help! #3  
The 3720 & 4720 are VERY different machines in size and capabilities. I would put your tail in each and then go from there...they would both mow well, I would imagine the 3720 would be a little more comfortable just because it is a little larger machine.

/ Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab? Please help! #4  
b3030 is pretty good for mowing. Only issue is the vice of its virtues - its a little top heavy, and I'd imagine more so with the cab. Not a problem unless you have decent hills you were thinking of mowing sideways.

/ Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab? Please help! #5  
Your right, I think you are crazy. I think there is to much overlap between the tractor you have and the tractors you are talking about from Kubota and Deer. You already have a very capable tractor. I would look at it to perform all the tasks you have listed except maybe mowing. I got on the Kubota website and to equip a B3030 like you are wanting starts knocking on the door of $35,000. I also priced out a F series commercial mower on the Kubota web site with a 30hp diesel and 4 wheel drive and a 72 inch deck and it hit about $22,000. You can get a Kubota BX series tractor, end loader, snow blower, and mid mount mower for less than that. I'm sure Deer makes products similar to the Kubota stuff I mentioned. If you need a cab that bad, add one to the tractor you have.

I guess unless you have deep pockets, I would look at some kind of comercial or other high end mower or maybe a sub compact tractor and save alot of money. Buy turfs for the tractor you have if you really need to.

/ Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab? Please help! #6  
There is no doubt that mowing with a smaller B3030 will be more enjoyable. The 3720 is so simular to what you've already got, it hardly makes sense.

DITTO!!!!I would get the B3030 cab and not think twice about it. If you go with the 3720, you will be beating yourself up for not going with a 5000 series JD. IMO, those B3030 cabs are in a class by themselves.:D

/ Kubota B3030HSDCC cab or John Deere 3720 cab? Please help! #7  
Well just from what you say about the dealerships, I think you have already sealed the deal in the sense that your mowing machine will be a John Deere. Do you have any substantial or numerous hills to mow? How about any areas where you need to get right up next to the tree/overgrowth line? A cab tractor will make both of those things hard. Mowing on a hill, the cab will really increase the instability of the machine. If you need to mow near things, everything will need to be trimmed back so as that it doesn't interfere with the cab.

If mowing is your issue, and price isn't a concern, I would personally look at zero turn, or a front mount mower. The front mounts are really the kings when it comes to mowing. They're turning radius is very tight, you'll always have a great forward view of the mowing area, stability going up or down and side to side isn't a big issue, and you can easily mow under obstacles, such as trees. I know an A/C cab is a great feature, and I would love to have one, but I have one huge hill to cut and lots of tree line and a cab would really make for a lot of dangerous situations and extra work. The only time that they'll really make the most sense for mowing, is if you have a huge open, flat lot in a nice subdivision.