Buying Strategy

/ Buying Strategy #1  

gusg

Silver Member
Tractor
B7510 with R4s
I am not sure whether I should push the issue with the tractor prices I have received. Tomorrow morning I am going to the JD dealer to go over the 4115 for the last time and the Kubota dealer to go over the B2710 for the last time and make a decision. As I have said in other posts, I got out the door prices on the tractors with an FEL, 60" MMM and R4s of $16,543 for the 4115 and $18,021 for the B2710. The kubota dealer has said that he will go no lower but the JD quote is his first. I know from the other post that the 4115 price is very good.

My question is what should I do with the dealers? Ask for a final price, ask for some other inexpensive goodies, etc. I would think that tractor dealers are not doing great business right now but maybe my perception is wrong.

Thanks, Gus

/ Buying Strategy
I didn't think of that. Is the 50 hour service something that I do or do they come and get the tractor. In other words do they give me the kit and I do it myself?

Thanks for the input.

/ Buying Strategy #4  
Generally speaking it's your responsibility to get the tractor in for service. Your dealer may offer pick up and delivery, but, like everything else in life it costs money. You can ask for both, of course, but you might have to settle for one or the other-the free service or the free pick up and delivery.

Are there any differences between the dealers in your mind? Is one easier to get along with? Do you prefer one over the other for any reason? These things will last longer that your memory of any pricing difference.

/ Buying Strategy #5  
The two Kubota dealers I went to both offered a free 50 hr. service with p/u. The one I bought from gave me free p/u for one year if I need it.

Fred