Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tractor
    Kubota 1997 L3600DT 4WD with FEL

Default Re: Can\'t make up my mind

<font color=blue>With 30 acres you will have plenty of future projects to tackle.</font color=blue>

I have 30 acres as well Bill and I agree with the above statement. That's a decent chunk of land and if you expect to keep things reasonable you will find a lot of other chores to do, Bush hogging being one of them. I would definitely go bigger if you have the funds. I have an L3600 which is about 38 HP at the PTO. I'll tell you I would not want to have anything any smaller than that. I put every inch of it to good use. You might consider getting a used tractor. It takes some patience to find the right one but it might be worth it. Mine is a 1997 which I got last year for $13,000. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7360SS & Craftsman GT3000 23 HP w/50

Tony, I think you meant to say that the L3600 had 28 PTO HP? The 3600 only had 33 engine HP.

Tractor
    Kubota L3010 HST

I surely appreciate all the feedback. The 30 acres will not all be mowed at least by me. Currently a local farmer cuts it and sends the bales to the mushroom growers in SE Pa to make mulch. Once we have horses either I will either cut some myself or have someone cut and bale some of it into hay for the animals. I still am leaning toward the TC29D, but for only a couple hundred more I can get a TC33D. I have plently of time. Maybe a good used one will show up.

Tractor
    Kubota 1997 L3600DT 4WD with FEL

Hmmm...turns out we're both off[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]. The engine is 39 HP with 31 at the PTO. With the manual shift you don't lose as much HP as with HST. Attached are specs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12