Can't make up my mind

/ Can't make up my mind #11  
Re: Can\'t make up my mind

<font color=blue>With 30 acres you will have plenty of future projects to tackle.</font color=blue>

I have 30 acres as well Bill and I agree with the above statement. That's a decent chunk of land and if you expect to keep things reasonable you will find a lot of other chores to do, Bush hogging being one of them. I would definitely go bigger if you have the funds. I have an L3600 which is about 38 HP at the PTO. I'll tell you I would not want to have anything any smaller than that. I put every inch of it to good use. You might consider getting a used tractor. It takes some patience to find the right one but it might be worth it. Mine is a 1997 which I got last year for $13,000. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

/ Can't make up my mind #12  

Tony, I think you meant to say that the L3600 had 28 PTO HP? The 3600 only had 33 engine HP.

/ Can't make up my mind

I surely appreciate all the feedback. The 30 acres will not all be mowed at least by me. Currently a local farmer cuts it and sends the bales to the mushroom growers in SE Pa to make mulch. Once we have horses either I will either cut some myself or have someone cut and bale some of it into hay for the animals. I still am leaning toward the TC29D, but for only a couple hundred more I can get a TC33D. I have plently of time. Maybe a good used one will show up.

/ Can't make up my mind #14  

Hmmm...turns out we're both off/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. The engine is 39 HP with 31 at the PTO. With the manual shift you don't lose as much HP as with HST. Attached are specs.

Attachments

• 46-163923-L3600specs.jpg
    46-163923-L3600specs.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 96