Aftermarket cab

/ Aftermarket cab #11  
I have a Kubota L4310HST (bought used) and added a Curtis cab w/ soft doors and opt. solid rear glass and hot water heater. (rear corners are clear plastic) I recall about $1400 in 2004?

The front wiper could be longer with better coverage and the heater outlet fins better designed; but it sure beats being out in the open. I added a 12V interior adjustable fan to help with fogging. Also added 2 front and 1 rear flood lights to help when plowing at night.

BTW, I'd get their fuse / circuit control box vs. fabricating my own.

The soft door "lift" off the hinges for the summer. The interior fan keeps bugs off your neck in August. NH doesn't get terribly hot and humid like LA or TX.

You asked about drilling - I don't recall much drilling; more like an Erector Set type assembly, but with heavier parts. You need a friend to help.

/ Aftermarket cab #12  
Two things I notice right away: get a cab heat or else you fog up in a mater of minutes and 2, the noise level from the drivers seat increased drastically. I have to wear ear defenders all the time for anything over 1300RPM. Good luck with your search..

Dan

Dan:

Thanks for confirming my hunch that the noise levels went up inside the cab. I'm sure that some well placed sound insulation would help alleviate that problem.

/ Aftermarket cab #13  
Dan:

Thanks for confirming my hunch that the noise levels went up inside the cab. I'm sure that some well placed sound insulation would help alleviate that problem.

I forsaw that when I made my own cab. I installed a padded quilted material that I sandwiched between the roof and frame.
It prevented condensation as well as killed any eckos and tin drumming.

The underlays used for laminate flooring would be ideal for that purpose. In fact that is what I used.

/ Aftermarket cab #14  
Piloon, that's a great idea, send us a pic if you can, I would like to copy your insulation idea.
The other point I was thinking about is that during the summer I remove the doors and the rear floppy panel so the sound pressure level drops a bit, but still loud. Winter is less of a problem, I wear a toque and ear muffs over that so toasty warm..
Happy New Years to all

Dan

/ Aftermarket cab #15  
Piloon, that's a great idea, send us a pic if you can, I would like to copy your insulation idea.
The other point I was thinking about is that during the summer I remove the doors and the rear floppy panel so the sound pressure level drops a bit, but still loud. Winter is less of a problem, I wear a toque and ear muffs over that so toasty warm..
Happy New Years to all

Dan

Dan....I find a set of Bose headphones and my Itouch loaded with some Seigar and CCR works great too!!! :):)

/ Aftermarket cab #16  
Dan....I find a set of Bose headphones and my Itouch loaded with some Seigar and CCR works great too!!! :):)

That's the ticket:)
I bought a Zune (200 Cdn) at Radio Shack or Sourse, and considering what they're worth I should have bought a Bose like you did, they are the absolute best are they not?

dan

/ Aftermarket cab #17  
That's the ticket:)
I bought a Zune (200 Cdn) at Radio Shack or Sourse, and considering what they're worth I should have bought a Bose like you did, they are the absolute best are they not?

dan
LOVE the BOSE...they are indeed da bomb!!:D

/ Aftermarket cab #18  
LOVE the BOSE...they are indeed da bomb!!:D

Im using regular headphones and have to turn up the i pod real loud.Do the noise canceling ones eliminate most of the tractor noise,compared to regular around the ear ones?Iwas gonna get the bose ones ,but got sonys because the noise canceling ones took batterys.How long do the batterys last may i ask?
ALAN

/ Aftermarket cab #19  
Alan,
Sorry I kinda lost this thread. To answer your question on the Bose....yes they do a great job noise canceling. Once you put these on, you're in a different world altogether. Batteries will last plenty long.....just plug in after each use. You're good to go.

/ Aftermarket cab #20  
Alan,
Sorry I kinda lost this thread. To answer your question on the Bose....yes they do a great job noise canceling. Once you put these on, you're in a different world altogether. Batteries will last plenty long.....just plug in after each use. You're good to go.

OH You charge them up like a cell phone? Iwas thinking they had batterys you had to change.Where did you get yours?
ALAN