Aftermarket cab

/ Aftermarket cab #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
I'm considering a cab for my Case DX40, was wondering what people are paying, and how satisfied they are with them. I looked at the Curtis website but they don't show interior or explain how to mount the cab. Would there be a lot of drilling involved? Are they hard to remove for the summer if I chose to do so? It says the doors are easy to remove so maybe I would not remove it. Are they solid or a rattle trap? If it is removed does it leave noticeable scars on the tractor? It would be nice for the winter and it is lower than the ROPS so would fit in my garage. Let me know what you know, good and bad, thanks.

/ Aftermarket cab #2  
I'm considering a cab for my Case DX40, was wondering what people are paying, and how satisfied they are with them. I looked at the Curtis website but they don't show interior or explain how to mount the cab. Would there be a lot of drilling involved? Are they hard to remove for the summer if I chose to do so? It says the doors are easy to remove so maybe I would not remove it. Are they solid or a rattle trap? If it is removed does it leave noticeable scars on the tractor? It would be nice for the winter and it is lower than the ROPS so would fit in my garage. Let me know what you know, good and bad, thanks.

Saw a Curtis soft side on a GC2300 at our local MF dealer, should have got pics, but did not. Was scratching my head wondering what made it worth over $2K. We are building our own.

Do not have any experience with them, but am interested.

If money is no object, these guys build an awesome cab. :)

ROPS and Non-ROPS tractor cabs, canopies, and guards for all popular brands - Jodale Perry Corporation

Keep us posted. Good luck.

/ Aftermarket cab #3  
If you want a nice cab to buy look at Laurin, or just build one :D:D

/ Aftermarket cab
Thanks for the response so far. I'll be gone on vacation for a week, so I won't be able to respond for a week. Looking forward to more replies.

/ Aftermarket cab #5  
Curtis builds a quality cab, i owned myself. Lauren builds a beautiful cab, but they cost more than oem factory cabs.

/ Aftermarket cab #6  
I ordered a Curtis cab some years ago and it arrived damaged to the point where it couldn't be used. I sent it back to Curtis on their nickel. I was also not impressed with Curtis' quality after seeing the parts that did arrive intact. Curtis sent the cab in a cheesy cardboard box.

Based on what I've seen on their web sites, Laurin and Jodale-Perry make nice cabs; but they are pricey. The newer Sims models look good on their web site too. However, I suggest you see if any of them have a local dealer near you since these cabs run $3k on up. After my Curtis experience, I would not buy an aftermarket cab without seeing one in the flesh.

/ Aftermarket cab #7  
I bought a Curtis cab for my 7610,, soft doors with hard and soft rear glass.. Was very happy with it,, It installed easy with good instructions.. It was about 2 grand but came with a heater and windshield wipper.. I bought through my local dealer,,, "Union Farm Equip." The doors come off very easy in summer and are very tight with no rattles in the winter.. I have had no problems with it for 2 years...

Good luck....

/ Aftermarket cab #8  
I've been in Curtis's factory in Worcester, Mass several times, also met with Skip Curtis the president regarding possibly designed some products for them. I will tell you that they make a quality product and do care for there customers.

Andy

/ Aftermarket cab #9  
I don't see on their website that they make a cab for a BX24. Does anyone know if they do?

/ Aftermarket cab #10  
Jimmy Joe
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the Curtis people, mine was the exact opposite. If memory serves me right, I paid $1850 + taxes & shipping for soft sides & soft rear, c/w wipers but no heater (I sourced and installed my own heater for a lot less than what Curtis wanted for one).
As for the crate, mine was huge, very bulky, now maybe that's because they knew they were shipping to Canada and they went the extra mile for an export shipment?
All & all, I was very satisfied and their powder coated paint components were very good finish. Go figure I must have received a cab built on a Wednesday
As for installation time, it was not too difficult a job. It took me all day from start to finish but I had maybe 4 hours on the actual cab and the remainder was fiddling around.
Two things I notice right away: get a cab heat or else you fog up in a mater of minutes and 2, the noise level from the drivers seat increased drastically. I have to wear ear defenders all the time for anything over 1300RPM. Good luck with your search..

Dan

Attachments

• DSC_0514---web.jpg
    DSC_0514---web.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 381
  • Snow Plow Aug 15 2009 073.jpg
    Snow Plow Aug 15 2009 073.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 381