JINMA JM-284

/ JINMA JM-284 #1  

WOODYTREE

Tractor
MF 165 KUBOTA 8200
CAN ANY OF YOU GUYS TELL ME ANY THING ABOUT THIS TRACTOR ??? I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE... HOW LONG HAS THIS COMPANY BEEN AROUND????(JINMA)?????
I'AM LOOKING TO BUY A NEW TRACTOR WITH A FEL SOON!!!
SO ANY INFO I CAN GET WILL HELP.... THIS TRACTOR WITH A FEL NEW IS $ 9,000.00 28 HP 4 WD PRICE SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.. THANKS WOODY

/ JINMA JM-284 #2  
Woody,

You can check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.homestead.com/ctoa/>http://www.homestead.com/ctoa/</A>
and learn all about the JINMA.

It's a Chinese Tractor that is gaining popularity. Doesn't have some of the features and refinement found on Japanese brands, but seems to be pretty stout.

From what I can tell, folks are pretty happy with them. They're a consideration for me as well.

/ JINMA JM-284 #3  
I have a few in CT,Im not sure where you are,you are more than welcome to check one out,They are good tractors,no frills,parts are not a proublem.If you want to see one on line go to www.tractorloft.com ,We have a few photo's their

/ JINMA JM-284 #5  
Hi Woodytree;

I have one to View & one to Sell I'm starting a dealer sihp in West Salem Ohio. Let me know if you're interested I have a BLUE one that has a FEL and is not yet assembled I'll sell it unassembled or assembled.

Let me know

Mark
ispike@bright.net

/ JINMA JM-284 #6  
I had researched the Chinese tractors prior to buying my Kubota. My findings:

1. You can buy one unassembled in a crate for $3900 new.
2. The factory doesn't support dealers.
3. Many Chinese parts (major load bearing bolts, nuts, etc.) are replaced with US parts by the better dealers prior to delivery.
4. Dashboard/gauges look like something from a Russian high school shop class project.

/ JINMA JM-284 #7  
I have run one for almost a year now with a Koyker Loader. For the money you certainly can't go wrong. There is plenty of support on the net and parts are plentiful as long as you can turn your own wrenches! I would buy another one today.

/ JINMA JM-284 #8  
I also considered buying one and for that matter still am. I recently purchased a Kubota 3010 but for less than half the money of the Bota w/loader I could have purchased a Jinma with a loader and backhoe. I decided on the Bota for now because of the HST which is much easier for me to use. Anyway from my research I have found some problems with the tractors which are as follows:

1. The tractor fluids need to be drained (if previously installed) and replaced with the "good stuff"
2. Ignition switches should be changed out with Ford equipment.
3. Load bearing bolts are a problem on some tractors which ones I have never been able to tell. Have a good welder fired up and ready to work.
4. Sign up for a long distance carrier that gives you a rake off for calls to China for parts.
5. Alot of the gears etc are hand fitted so be prepared for some emery cloth time as well as custom fabrication work.
6. After you buy pray you got a Honda car in the 60's and not a Yugo.
7. The batteries on some have a very short life others seem OK. Which is which I again could never figure out.
8. There is not support system for repair parts like cars that are introduced into the US. (but there is a support network on the web)
9. Know up front that you are buying a Brand New 1950's or 60's tractor.
10 Resale seems to suck if you want to unload it.
11 Alot of the paise that I have seen on these tractors are for tractors 1-2 years old. How many are scrapped after 5 the 10 years I have no way of knowing.
12 Local dealers seem to vanish in the night so develope and maintain a good relationship with a good long term dealer on the internet. (as with any tractor you buy even the big three it never hurts to check and make sure your not being played for a chump when it comes to repair parts)
13 As with any tractor take dealer claims with a grain of salt (again true with any tractor) They make their living selling tractors not telling you the whole story.

OK thats all I can think of off the top of my head with whats wrong with them. Now for the good stuff.

THEY ARE CHEAPER THAN DIRT. In that statement I am taking into account that they will require maintenance as soon as you get it. And I am guessing they will for the life of the tractor. Again go into it with your eyes open whatever tractor you purchase it is going to need work. Now before everyone jumps on me I bought a pair of the good house slippers about 6 years ago and they are still holding up, cost was $45.00. The wife came home with a pair of 8 dollar slippers that looked the same but totally fell apart 1 month after I started to wear them. Were they a bargain? I think not. I also bought an Elantra and love it. I am also buying a First Choice Mower (hopefully this week) (what about it Peter?) so it all boils down to your level of confidence to work on the tractors and how big of a risk taker you are. More for your money than the big three you bet. Potential for getting a lemon or a damm fine tractor you bet both are true. Considering my Bota keeps going for 30 years (Damm I hope it does) I could have taken the same amount of money and replaced a Chinese tractor three times and still had money left over, plus I would have gotten a backhoe with it instead of just a Fel. These tractors are not for someone with a weak stomach or a person that has to take it into the shop for all work done. They are not for everyone but they are just the ticket for some. It all depends on you as an individual. Personally I see one in my future probably in a year or two for the wife and kid to drive. For me I am going to have to wait for the HST's to come out. Do your own research and decide if you like the idea of doing a little work to save 60 to 70 percent over the big three. You will own it and then you must be happy with it for it to be a real bargain. If you are interested in where I got my information or anything else I can do for you please feel free to email me. Either way good luck and if you do decide to get one let us know how its working out.