Who bought the Kubota L3540 over the L3400?

/ Who bought the Kubota L3540 over the L3400? #1  

Dusty1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 LBH
Has anyone here bought the new Kubota Grand L3540? Like it? Who here purchased the L3400? Do you wish you took the step up? Thanks!

/ Who bought the Kubota L3540 over the L3400? #2  
Do a search.

Pleanty of info on both models of tractors. They are both good but they are different size classes. You need to analyze what you want to use the tractor for and choose the best size that fits YOUR application. Obviously the 3540 is bigger, can lift more, and pull more. But the 3400 is easier on the lawn, more manuverable in the woods, and cheaper. You have to decide what is the most important.

That said, I bought the 3400. I mow my lawn with it, cut a lot of wood, tow trailers, bushhog, and a good bit of loader work. Yes I wish it were bigger for most of the jobs, but it gets them done, just a litter slower. But the reason I chose the size I did was because of price and the lawn mowing.

/ Who bought the Kubota L3540 over the L3400? #3  
I purchased a 3540 in april 2008. Its an awesome machine, no regrets what so ever. We got slammed with snow last winter, i was toasty warm, listening to beatles cd's digging out commercial buildings at $75. per hour. How sweet it is!

/ Who bought the Kubota L3540 over the L3400? #4  
I bought a L3400 3 years ago. It has been a blast and has not given me any problems. Its smaller size makes it a bit more maneuverable in some tighter spots than a L3540 would be - like in my loafing barn cleaning out manure.

That said, if I were to do it again, I would get the Grand L3240 or 3540 in a heartbeat over it. I like some of the extras in particular with the HST+. The older series was around when I purchased and at the time the price diff between a L3400 and a L3130 at about $3k at the dealer did not make sense for me.

The L3400 has done absolutely everything I have asked for it and has been very reliable for me. I have yet to complain about th the loader capacity because it has lifted put everything I put in there. Ask me in a couple weeks again because we are doing a landscaping project and my wife just got delivery of half a truckload of big rocks. My guess is that it won't have a problem lifting them.

My 0.02 - go for the GL. IMHO you won't notice the difference between the L3400 and L3240 in PTO hp for the most part. Get the LA724 loader with the QA - it is the best part of the Grand L. I'd rather get the LA724 and the L3240 then the L3540 and the LA5xx.