Tractor Pull!!

/ Tractor Pull!! #1  

scsims

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5525
My neighbor is a big fan of Massey Furgeson tractors and has an old gasoline 135 model. I don't think he realy liked my choice of tractor when I bought my new Mahindra 5525.

He has challenged me twice to hook them together on pavement or grass and he'll pull me as far as he wants to.

I would never do this as I think we would end up tearing up something or getting hurt.

But if we did this what do you all think.....which tractor would pull which??

BTW mine has fluid in the tires his doesn't.

/ Tractor Pull!! #2  
My neighbor is a big fan of Massey Furgeson tractors and has an old gasoline 135 model. I don't think he realy liked my choice of tractor when I bought my new Mahindra 5525.

He has challenged me twice to hook them together on pavement or grass and he'll pull me as far as he wants to.

I would never do this as I think we would end up tearing up something or getting hurt.

But if we did this what do you all think.....which tractor would pull which??

BTW mine has fluid in the tires his doesn't.

Well, your 5525 has the weight advantage by at least 1500 lb and has probably 10 or more hp advantage on the drawbar (assuming that the old 135 can still crank out its speced hp). Don't see how the 135 has much chance.

BTW: I have a 2008 Mahindra 5525 and a 1964 MF-135 diesel.

/ Tractor Pull!! #3  
Well, your 5525 has the weight advantage by at least 1500 lb and has probably 10 or more hp advantage on the drawbar (assuming that the old 135 can still crank out its speced hp). Don't see how the 135 has much chance.

*BTW: I have a 2008 Mahindra 5525 and a 1964 MF-135 diesel.
Your 1964 MF-135 wouldn't have a chance even though it's a diesel against the 2008 Mahindra 5525 .

/ Tractor Pull!! #4  
The MF doesn't have a chance....try this. Have him back up to your tractor, wrap a logging chain around both drawbars (couple of wraps) so the tractors are at least 10-15ft apart. Shut yours down put it in Low 1 reverse and lock up the brakes. Get off the tractor and have your "friend" try and pull it backwards. He will most likely have a real hard time. After that (especially if he spins out) ask him if he wants to bet you that you can't pull his backwards. I'm pretty sure he won't take the bet. Bet should be a six-pack after the pull. BobG in VA

/ Tractor Pull!! #7  
When I was a kid, I was raised on a farm, and it happened to be John Deere country. On our farm we had a Oliver, a Massey and the small tractor on the farm was a Allis Chalmers WD. I used to get teased all the time about our tractors. There was another kid in the area that had an old Deere similarly sized to our Allis, and he challenged me to a back to back pull. My dad would have killed me if he knew that I did this and it probably was dangerous. My parents were gone away one Sunday, so we had the back to back pull off. All of the kids in the area came over to see me get beat. Well our Allis was up in very good condition and used every day on the farm, and his deere was not used for farming anymore and didn't have as good a tires and the engine probably wasn't as healthy either. Well I shut up all of those Deere lovers for a while, when I pulled him backwards. It was a good day, but if one of those tractors would have gone over backwards it could have been a very bad one. Just a memory from the past.

/ Tractor Pull!! #9  
There is no way he is going to out pull you. Make the bet worth while and do it so you can shut him up. Something like mow your yard for a year should do it. Just a example but my 28HP Jinma with a FEL that weighs 5,200# with a Bush Hog on the rear will out pull my neighbors Ford 961 Powermaster 2 times over. His tractor is 50 HP.

Chris

/ Tractor Pull!! #10  
I suggest instead of pulling at each other that you pick a common object that you determine that would put a strain or impossible pull and see who can move it or some how determine the winner. Safety is more important than a challenge or dare.