Kubota L3000

/ Kubota L3000 #1  

HazellLawnCare

OK I'm about ready to buy just wondering if you think the price is fair and its the right size for me. My dealer said he would sell it to me for $15,000 then Kubota is giving a $800 rebate if bought by July 1. Is this a good deal? I run a lawn care business and will be using the tractor for yard installs, landscaping, snow removal and such think this is about the right size for me?

/ Kubota L3000 #2  
I was given a quote, in Manassas Virginia for The L3000DT, w/FEL, and a Woods 6 Foot Finishing Mower and Turf Tires for 15747 + tax.

- Ira

/ Kubota L3000 #3  
IF you want to make money, spend some extra bucks and get a tractor with Hydrostatic transmission. If you buy a gear drive and plow snow with it, you will really be earning your money. You can rationalize not getting a hydro all you want, but if you are serious about plowing snow, it is a big mistake getting a gear transmission. It will be the worst money you ever "saved" A guy with a hydro will do 30 percent more work in a day and be looking forward to the next storm.

/ Kubota L3000 #4  
<font color=blue>...will be using the tractor for yard installs, landscaping, snow removal and such ...</font color=blue>

I don't stay on top of new prices, but I've seen these L3000 "economy" units for about $12.5K... for mowing tasks, it would be a great unit... but for "landscaping" from A-Z... I'd consider at least something with more hydraulic hp, more three point lift capacity, minimum shuttle transmission... this L3000 is a bare bones unit, but not for "landscaping" duties... I think it would get old in a hurry operating this unit on a job...

What are you currently using in your landscaping business now? If your heart is set on Kubota... take a look at the L3010 unit with more of the above... Whatever you get... you'll have to live with on a daily basis for a long long time... You might as well spend a little extra up front on day one and get some bells and whistles that won't make you tired before you get started... I just don't think this L3000 unit is the right choice for your business... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Kubota L3000 #5  
I would have to agree with JMIII on his opinion of the L3000 Kubota. I just bought one and love it. However I do not do what you intend to do with it. I mow, plow, and maintain about 1/4 mile of road with mine. It works great for what I bought it for. However in close quarters, I see where the hydro transmission would be far superior. You could definetly be more productive with the hydro. Again, ask me about my L3000 and I will tell you I love it!

/ Kubota L3000 #6  
I landscape also, but do small jobs. I have a B2710 with FEL, Landscape rake and a box blade. It works great in the small yards I do and is light so it is easy on the turf. I have done a few grading jobs this week. Prep the site for top soil and then move the soil around get it ready for the sprinkler system and sod. I couldn't do it with a gear drive tractor and be competitive. The hydrostat is the only way to go. Load the bucket, press the back-up foot pedal and go. Turn the tractor and press the forward pedal. It really saves time. The model you are looking at is an economy unit. The rebate will be bigger on a model with more options and a hydro. I don't think I could work without a hydro tranny. Sure makes life easier.

Turfman

/ Kubota L3000 #7  
HazellL.C.
Glad to see you found this forum, If I hadn't, I would be lost in looking for a tractor. I read for a few months, and had decided to get a Kubota 2910. But I came across a used Kioti - and couldn't pass it up. I knew what shuttle shift and synchro transmission meant from this forum. If the Kioti didn't have shuttle shift - I wouldn't have gotten it.
Check out my post in the Kioti section.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Once you get a tractor, you'll wonder how you ever survived with out one.

/ Kubota L3000 #8  
HLC,

Here I would seriously consider the L3010. It has the shuttle shift or for more money you can get the HST(hydrostatic trans). The shuttle shift is great for shifting from forward to reverse. I like this compared to the HST because of less hp loss due to the hydro. The L3010 also has a flat operating deck which is easier to get on and off of because you are not straddling the tranny like you do on the L3000.

/ Kubota L3000 #9  
Hazell, I own a L3000 and I don't feel any of those problems are a concern, Do not be afraid to get a gear tranny , once you get use to it you will find that you are just as fast as a hydro. I have had a fuel reading problem and that is it. I was a little concerned because the john deer guy told me they don't start in the winter, but I leave it outside and it starts -even when it was 10 below. One thing I would like is stronger hydrolics , but if it were up to me ,I would have the power of a M6800 in a tractor the size of a L2900./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif