Justify

/ Justify #1  

B7500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HSD
I just purchased a five-acre wood lot to build a future camp/house on. I'd love to justify a BX22 to play with on this land. Could someone please help me convince my wife I need this toy?

Attachments

• 46-165000-property.jpg
    46-165000-property.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 115
   / Justify #2  
Now THAT property needs a tractor...........which ever brand you go with /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Justify #3  
Plan a weekend with her at the place with shovels and rakes to clear brush and move those rocks from the future roadway.

/ Justify #4  
Just what I was thinking, Ozarker. I don't think a BX-2200 is going to move that rock he's standing beside. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif It sure looks like a nice property, though. I wish I had those trees.

/ Justify
You want trees? You can have 'em. Don't get me wrong the trees are the reason I bought the piece. It is unbelievably secluded and quiet there. But it took three days just to clear the 200 hundred foot road you see in the picture. Don't forget once you cut them down they have to be bucked up and stacked.
I was thinking of the BX for help with skidding, hauling, snow removal and grass cutting. Not to mention the trench for the utilities. Should I go with a bigger machine?

/ Justify #6  
You'll get plenty of opinions on whether or not you should go larger. I personally think the best way to decide is to rent one and see what it's capable of. Besides, some dealers will allow you to deduct the price of a rental from the eventual purchase price.

Pete

/ Justify #7  
Terry...

First, don't refer to a tractor as a toy. This will immediately put her off. Always refer to it as a utilitarian work machine. Emphasize the fact that it will save your aching back that you suddenly feel this morning is becoming worse /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. It will help move the snow in the drive you'll have to install, mow the extensive 2-3 acres of lawn you'll be installing, haul the rocks, logs, and firewood from the woods. Just let her know that all this could be done manually. After one season I'm sure she'll agree with you that it's time for a tractor.

Regards,
Bob Ancar
Cambridge, NY

/ Justify #8  
You need to get it at the level of a required tool. It helps to mention how many "tools" assist her around the house. Such as the washer, dryer, dishwasher, vacuum system, etc. Tools that she would never think to be without, just like a tractor for developing new property. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Get it to that level and you won't have to count it as your birthday, father's day, or christmas present! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Justify #9  
Tawoo,

First off, you don't need the tractor. You could take care of the property without the use of power tools if you really wanted to. Of course it would be more than a full time job.

I had some trouble convincing my fiancee that we should get a tractor. She was sold on the utility of the machine, but thought it was extravagant. Here is a link to my thread & the advice others here gave me. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=genbuy&Number=142778&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1> Click here for "Is it extravagant"</A>

She still thinks it's extravagant & is even embarrassed when her friends see it and say things like, "How could you let him buy that? It's huge" Although she does notice how much better the yard looks & how much fun I'm having. I'm trying to get her to use it so she gets some "ownership" of it too.

As far as size is concerned, the BX22 will be a good match for the 5 acres once all the major work is done. When you have your cabin/house built. Have the excavators do the heavy work for you.

/ Justify #10  
That's how I talked my wife into letting me get a 3pt broadcast spreader. We seeded and fertalized 3 acres by hand with rye this winter, and I mentioned that the other 10 acres needed it too, and then mentioned, oh look, TSC is having a sale on their smaller broadcast spreader.. ( 239.00 )
She grabbed the keys and told me to go hitch up the trailer.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>"First, don't refer to a tractor as a toy. This will immediately put her off. Always refer to it as a utilitarian work machine. Emphasize the fact that it will save your aching back that you suddenly feel this morning is becoming worse . It will help move the snow in the drive you'll have to install, mow the extensive 2-3 acres of lawn you'll be installing, haul the rocks, logs, and firewood from the woods. Just let her know that all this could be done manually. After one season I'm sure she'll agree with you that it's time for a tractor."