Equipment King

/ Equipment King #1  

Paul_Diaz

If I were buying a used "as is" tractor, I would inspect it with a fine tooth comb. However a factory reconditioned tractor I would expect to be in full working order or at least close. I received my first tractor from Equipment King Inc a, Mitsubishi MT21D in June. It fell apart within less than an hour. Several cotter pins were missing from the mower and it almost came loose, also the temp and fuel gauges were not hooked up. I repaired myself to keep working. Then later in week the rear end got stuck in 3rd gear. I called they said keep using till I could bring it in. End of week rear end locked up all together and the front end was barley working; useless tractor. I, at my own expense returned the tractor, said I wanted a different one. They got me a Yanmar FX24D, when they delivered it; it seemed much better than the first and worked pretty well for a week. However, no headlamps, blinkers also bad, low on dirty oil, rusty water in radiator, leaky front differential, Bad tube in flat tire, several lose or missing nuts and bolts, Water temp gauge not hooked up, loose stripped treads on linkage to mower, melted and exposed wiring near voltage regulator " Caused by their technician hooking the ground for the electrical system to the radiator that is floated on rubber and can not ground properly", and more. They picked up and agreed to fix. Twice i have made the 120-mile trip to inspect at their request and both times still problems. They agreed to have it to me on Sat. no show, then after calling them, they said 1st thing Monday or your money back, no show again. After calling they said they would let me know Tues. When I asked for my money back on Tues. afternoon they refused as soon as they knew I was on my way to get it and had asked for confirmation that a check was waiting for me. They finally showed up at 6:00pm with the tractor in almost as bad a shape as I delivered it to them in. Still had melted and exposed wiring and had over filled the front differential to the point of overflowing. Most of the repairs were cosmetic. They do not seem to be able to keep the commitment in their advertising.They said in their AD "Extensive process of reconditioning" &"Quality control technicians inspect the tractor for any problems" I find this hard to believe. Please help this from happening to anyone else.

/ Equipment King #2  
WOW!

Sorry to hear of your missfortune. They sound like a shady business to me.

/ Equipment King #3  
Paul. Welcome to TBN. Sorry to hear things went so sour for you with your purchase(s). That is lousy! Getting a new tractor was supposed to be fun, right?.

You don't mention in your post or profile where you are located. For what it is worth, you might mention to the (shady) dealer that your experience (and his shenanigans) will be fully described and exposed on TBN! Then, follow through if he doesn't make it right for you, if for no other reason than to prevent the same from happening to someone else in your area. Also, document all the details and take pics in the event you need it later.

Good luck to you! Hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction and get on with better quality seat time. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Equipment King #4  
How much was the difference in $ from a new machine of same make and model? Were these rentals before?

/ Equipment King #5  
Sounds like you purchased a VERY used machine. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Buyer beware!

/ Equipment King #6  
I feel for you. I am glad I am not in your shoes!

I know you are not asking for advice but I would consider forcing the issue of getting my money back from them. I'd say right offhand that you will not get a good deal or a good tractor from these folks no matter how long you mess with them.

/ Equipment King #7  
Where are these people from? I need to stay away from them and let everyone I know to do the same. Thanks for telling us of your experiences.