Kubota or John Deere?

/ Kubota or John Deere? #31  
Have you seen any JD ads lately? If JD builds tractors the way they write code.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gifMost of the landscaping guys around here are using orange and love them. A lot of them are "L" series, but increasingly we are seeing a lot of larger "B" series as well.

/ Kubota or John Deere? #32  
They are both good. Go with the best dealer and spend time evaluating dealer ethics.

Bill

/ Kubota or John Deere? #33  
Well stated, Bill (and welcome back!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif)

/ Kubota or John Deere? #34  
My whole tractor buying saga was not too far removed from buying a new car - a lot of it really came down to the dealer.

The local JD showed me a 790 and acted as though he could care less if I wanted to pay the sky-high price he quoted. See ya!

The local Kubota dealer was pretty arrogant in general, like he was doing me a favor. I don't scare too easy but I do get mad. See ya!

The next closest Kubota dealer was courteous, great to work with and understood that I simply wanted a reasonable price on tractor/implements/trailer along with some questions answered. I would have bought a new L3000, but he had one on the lot with 33 hours on it and full warranty. DEAL!

Everything was ready on time - terrific outfit to deal with. Sealy Tractor, Sealy TX

/ Kubota or John Deere? #35  
I'm trying to decide between limes and oranges, so to speak. I live in Wyoming where there is a layer of dense 3 or 4 inch diameter rocks about 8 inches below the surface over my entire land. A 2-hp gasoline auger stops cold on this layer.

I love the Kubota BX22 because I need a backhoe and FEL. But, I'm concerned that the 17 or so PTO horsepower isn't enough for a post hole digger to get through the rock, or that the backhoe won't cut it. I can get a Deere 4210 which packs 8 or 9 more PTO horsepower and weighs 1000 pounds more for the about the same price without backhoe, but with FEL and post hole digger.

Any thoughts on the *power* of the BX22's backhoe and any auger that would attach to the PTO, and how the lighter weight factors in?

/ Kubota or John Deere? #36  
Kurth,
IMO, I rented a BX22 because it was very attractive, dollar wise, with a backhoe, but found it to be very limiting for the ground work I need to do (rocks, stumps, etc..) I ended up spending a lot more (2-3K) for a JD4310 with 430, boxblade, PHD, without backhoe (will get it later). It has done everthing that I have asked of it so far. I am impressed and glad I did the research on the spec's (JD's tended to do a lot better in hydraulic performance than their equal horsepower/sized competition). I have literally had large rocks just inching out of the ground with the box box blade or loader, using full power and full hydrualics with me smiling as it comes out. I'm congratulating myself that JD's loader/3pt has better performance spec's than the others that I looked at, BUT AT A PRICE. Good luck in your search. PS: I am not associated with JD in any way.

/ Kubota or John Deere? #37  
I went with Kubota (BX22) but I had already placed an order on a new JD TEN series. For me, it was a combination of needing a the mower and FEL, and wanting a backhoe. Withe the JD the backhoe was out of the question in the entry level TEN series so I had to decide how important that backhoe factor was. And I had to stay in budget.

In the end, the Kubota won out on price (mid $ 16K) whereas I'd have been in the $ 24K range on the JD similarly equipped.
So far, I'm 100% pleased with the BX22, (realizing it's not a tank or a commerical high-duty backhoe). No problems or issues with the Orange whatsoever.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. Get the one that suits your needs and budget best, and a dealer you can work with.

-Duane C.

/ Kubota or John Deere? #38  
One word <font color=green> "Deere" </font color=green> .

Very good service, very reliable, very rugged. to be fair Kubota can make the same statements. But i researched both manufacturer's offerings at the riding mower, sub-CUT, and CUT, levels, and I chose a JD 4100.

/ Kubota or John Deere? #39  
You have teased us enough. What did you decide on for a tractor?

/ Kubota or John Deere? #40  
I bet I know who that dealer was. I can't think of the name right now because after talking to a salesman for about 2 minutes I knew I wouldn't be dialing that number again. Especially after he told me they set their prices for what they think they should make off of them and they would not match prices with anybody. See ya bud!!
Wound up buying from a dealer in Nacgodoches. Got the best deal within 200 miles. On an MX5000
Mike