B2910, TC29D, or TC33D?

/ B2910, TC29D, or TC33D? #1  

wmiller

Tractor
Kubota L3010 HST
I have narrowed my choices down to either a B2910 or a TC29D or TC33D all thanks to the assistance of many. What recommendations, opinions, or otherwise can any of you offer to help me make my decision easier?

I'll get the tractor with a FEL and a 60" rear "brush hog". B2910 is $16,850, TC29D is $16,600 and the TC33D is $17,200. To keep the costs down I'll get the finish mower either rear mount or mid mount next year. Our home will be finished late in the year so I won't need to cut grass. I do however have areas to cut with the brush hog.
I do however prefer NH's rear rotary mower because it has a slip clutch vs. the Woods shear pin design the Kubota dealer will put on the B2910.
Thanks,
Bill

/ B2910, TC29D, or TC33D? #2  
Of those 3 choices I would go with the TC33D. You won't regret having the extra power. I was looking for the same size tractor, but ended up going with the TC35 because it was the same price as a TC33D. The TC35 doesn't have HST, but does have the 12 x 12 shuttle trans. with the shifters on the dash near the steering wheel. This make shifting from forward to reverse a snap. The TC35 has much greater loader capacity and that extra power without the hydro you can run larger mowers and implements which helps you get work done quicker and helps to keep hours off your meter.

That was my logic, but having said that, any of the tractors you are looking at will work great for you. Hope that helps!

/ B2910, TC29D, or TC33D? #3  
I agree with TxSam. If you are going to buy a NH tractor, pay the extra $600 and get the TC33D. It would be a shame to buy the TC29D and have regrets later because you did not go with the more powerful model. As it has been said many, many times in this forum, when selecting a tractor that will meet your needs buy the biggest tractor you can afford.

Chris

/ B2910, TC29D, or TC33D? #4  
I considered the Kubota b-series when I was shopping last Summer. I liked the 4 cylinder engine. I ended up getting the NH TC33D because I thought it was a more substantial tractor with more modern looks and ergonomics. 120 hrs/10 months later I am still very happy with my decision.

/ B2910, TC29D, or TC33D? #5  
<font color=blue>I do however prefer NH's rear rotary mower because it has a slip clutch vs. the Woods shear pin design the Kubota dealer will put on the B2910.</font color=blue>

You should be able to get a Woods 60" brush hog with a slip clutch. I've got a BB60 that came that way from the dealer. He said although the shear pin was standard on the BB60, he doesn't order any that way. If you want a slip clutch, and like the woods mower better, ask him to put the slip clutch on it.

<font color=blue>I have narrowed my choices down to either a B2910 or a TC29D or TC33D</font color=blue>

The TC29D and TC33D are larger, heavier tractors. Both weigh almost 700# more than the B2910. The also have larger hydraulic pump capacities, and higher 3pt hitch lift capacity.

John Mc