Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD?

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD? #1  

drilladvisor

First off what a great site and informative group of people thanks for being so welcoming. No sucking up intended but I have gained a lot of information here and now need some more specific opinions(facts are welcome as well).
I am buying a new tractor in about a week and keep going back and forth on these 2
3032D JD and Kubota B3200HSD
Side By Side they are power rated about the same, about the same size and have most of the stuff I want in a tractor. There are a that I want input on.
The JD lists 30 HP and at 25 PTO but the Kubota lists 32 HP and 23 PTO output. That seems like a large drop-off. How much will this affect the PTO performance? And is this due to the 3 speed HST?
JD is a 3 cylinder 100 CI 30 horse and Kubota is a 91 CI 32 horse 4 banger. I like the idea of the extra cylinder but only because as an old gas mechanic even seems better to me. Does one hold an advantage?
Both Loaders are Frame mounted and I like that. Not much of a fan of the quick disconnects and don稚 ever figure on taking the FEL off.
They are about the same price at 16.5 K but the Kubota is a bit prettier. JD is a basic model from what I understand but I don稚 think the Kubota is. Am i correct?
My usage will be on a 3 acre horse farm with 3.5 horses. Lots of manure and blackberries and the property is almost all clay. Can you say slicker than snot in the rain? Good thing I live in Washington were it never rains *Sigh*
I need to move lots of gravel and blade it. And drag an arena for the wife and daughter
6 foot or 5 foot blade? With both tractors handle that a 6 foot?
I will use the tractor to cross fence and turn the soil to grow grass for pasture grazing. I won稚 mow much here but for sure will on my 12 acres up on the hill when I move.

Thanks again for the input and feel free to suggest anything I should look at or keep in mind.
Hope I wasn't too all over the place on this post
Kurt

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD? #2  
What part of good ole WA are you in?

I know little about either tractor, but for me it boils down to dealer and to comfort. The Bota is a fantastic tractor, but for me (and this is for me only) i could not get used to the treddle. So out it went, and in came the Deer. Saddly, the Deer dealer in my part of WA is marginal so I gave up, looked at my slopes, and purchased the PT....

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD? #3  
As far as the PTO power, 2 hp can make a difference. I used to cut my grass w/ a IH Cub w/ a 5ft Woods belly mower. That thing was only 11 hp and if it wasn't running in tip top shape and making all the power that it could, than you would notice it. As marginal as 2 hp may be, it will make a difference, but only in PTO driven implement usage. Using the loader or grading you'll probably never notice it. You'll run out of traction before power. It's interesting though because if you look at comparable JD and Kubota models, the Kubota's always have more HP fall off through the transmission than the JD's. Personally, the difference between the 2 and 3 speed transmission doesn't feel like a big deal to me. At PTO speed on the JD, you can still run over 5.5 mph in low gear. That's about as fast as you'll want to go anyway when doing any kind of PTO work or such, most likely mowing. High gear you would really only use for transporting so I don't see the transmission choices as a factor.

As far as the engine, it's really your choice, you won't notice the 1 cylinder difference as far as performance. In this category I would probably choose the JD as there have been reports from new B3200 owners experiencing noticeable vibration from its 4 cylinder engine. The JD I personally test drove and didn't experience this such thing, nor have I heard of any other owners experiencing it either.

As far as grading and FEL work, the JD is heavier right off the bat by 300 lbs. You could increase that more with a ballast box and filled tires. Traction is the thing you'll run out of the quickest, so the heavier the better. The JD loader has a higher lift capacity of 1186 lbs to the Kubotas 1065 lbs, (both measured at the pivot). Though the Kubota has more breakout force with 2474 lbs compared to the JD's 1704 lbs, (both measured at the pivot). When I test drove the 3038E I was very surprised at the snappy-ness and responsiveness of the 305 loader, it moved very quick to my amazement.
I've never test drove the B3200, but it seems like a nice replacement to the B7800. As you said, the 3032E is a little more stripped of a tractor as far as "details" and "trim" compared to the B3200, but they are both very capable models. It all comes down to dealer network and how you feel about the ones that are local to you.

Good luck in your purchase.:cool:

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD? #4  
Good Morning from a fellow PNW (WA) resident.

I own a B7800, love the look of the new 3200 as replacement, but as a new model line year, I'd be hesitant. 4wd is "REQUIRED" and I have needed the FEL to get out of the "Sticky" mud Many many many many a time, I will never remove it as it's my "Security" in getting me out of any jam.

The B7800 is 30 hp, Spec:
E-TVCS lilquid cooled, 4-cylinder diesel
Model Kubota V1505-E-D16
PTO horsepower HP (kW) 22 (16.4)
Engine gross horsepower 30 (22.3)
Rated RPM 2900 rpm
Bore and stroke in. (mm) 3.1x3.1 (78x78.4)
Displacement cu. In. (cc) 91.5 (1498)

The B3200 is 32 hp Spec:
E-TVCS lilquid cooled, 4-cylinder diesel
Model Kubota V1505-E3-D24
PTO horsepower HP (kW) 23 (17.1)
Engine gross horsepower 32 (23.9)
Rated RPM 2700 rpm
Bore and stroke in. (mm) 3.1x3.1 (78x78.4)
Displacement cu. In. (cc) 91.5 (1498)

Seems like the same engine block/displacemnt, I note the power increase and RPM Drop.... so they must have re-worked the injection timing and air flow to get the additional PTO and gross HP at the lower RPM.

The loader is a little more powerfull (breakout force up) and the Hydro pump is up in volume from9.4 to 9.9 gpm.

I Love mine, and have used the BH (LP 5') to remove all the blackberries I want, cut the acres of grass, dig out tree stumps (litterally as deep as the tractor is tall.... (BIG HOLE!)), drag 20'x3'D trees down out of the forest for splitting.

I have, LP 1572 3pt Blade that I use for my driveway 400', Comunity road 16' wide 3/4 mile, and last winter..... Serious snow removal (with the FEL to pile it up).

Have I caused it to stall or bog down while doing work... sure you bet, a couple times I just didn't catch it with the clutch and it quit, but didn't hurt anything. I tend to use fewer RPM when working on things as Power can be destructive to things and equipment. I haven't run out of power yet though when working on things with the implements I have. I have done more work with this tractor in the last 2+ years than I could/have done manually in the prior 15 yrs living on my property!!! I should have purchased it LONG ago!

I don't know anything about the JD, my Bota dealer I have a long history with as they are a Stihl dealer and I have lots of that equipment! So I never looked at any other brands (service and support are big in my book).

Still waiting on the 16T PTO driven Log Splitter..... It's going to be a fun fall:D

Best of luck with your purchase, I'd look to see if you can get a deal on a B7800....(old model....discount?) Hey and Bota has 0% for 60M!!!

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD?
Thanks everyone, good stuff to ponder. I'm on the west side of the hump and there is a great bota dealer close to me. The sales guy has been there over 20 years. The JD dealer is farther away but I like the people there a lot.

The JD dealer put a package together for me so I am gonna look at it this morning.

So 2 more questions

What is breakout force?

What痴 a treddle?

Newbie me needs to get caught up on my tractor speak

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD? #6  
The break out force is actually the total hydraulic force that you can generate at the given point before the relief valve passes.

The breakout force is the hydraulic force that might say that the stone will come out of the hole or it won't!

Kubota, is probably the company that under states it's tractors abilities the most in it's claims in advertising. What an uneducated salesperson or someone who likes to exagerate might do, thats different yet!

I do like loaders that are removeable!!!! New wise other then one manufacuter no one has made one for many years!

When it comes to giving a trctor service, it often is far easier with Quick disconnect loader to do your main services. I hate to bring this part up but if a tractor needs to be split, it would be five minutes vs possibly one hour depending on rusty bolts etc, to remove. So for the five hundred that the manufacturing company saved in the initial build, it will cost you more later!

There has been some discussion on the type of foot controls and some feel better with some vs the other. I remember a manufacturer back in the late fifties early sixties that was really left out in the cold with a hand clutch while all the others had foot clutches. Twenty percent of all the tractors sold vs eighty percent of the market and today we see the same thing with the drive petals. You should buy what fit's you but you should also think about others you may have that might drive your tractor and the fact that the one design is different then the majority of tractors built.

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD? #7  
What痴 a treddle?

Newbie me needs to get caught up on my tractor speak

Sorry, my fault. on my tractor they call it a treddle. It is your forward and reverse foot peddle... Man I think my spelling sucks today...

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD? #8  
One other thing, its not the salesman, its the service. That is what I was not impressed with when I went to my local Deer dealer. Great salespeople, but the shop looked overworked and understaffed on repeated appearences (I do not think it reflects on the equipment). Also, the parts guy seemed to be just a bit overwhelmed...

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD? #9  
My 3032E in WA & in clay laughs at it & I have been in it bigtime. No problems with it with hard type work. The Kabota is also nice unit & would have a problem owning it eathier.. The 3 cylinder Yanmar in the 3032E is a very good motor with a lot of grunt, for these small tractor, I have worked the loader hard, not abuse, but very hard & no siighns of a break. Also they are very roomy & comfotable, if you are a frequent hop on & hop of type guy , roomy deck is something to think about. The 305 loader is quick , smooth & just works superb.The drive train on the 3032E is Yanmar with a good mixture of USA made products on it with loader made in Canada plant. The machine is assembeled in GA USA. The posistion control on the 3032e is also precise & very responsive. I would say that comfortablity for you & which dealer is best should decide, crappy dealers will ruin the experience of this new purchase...
Joe

/ Ok Got a week or so to decide, 3032E or B3200HSD? #10  
I would have to agree with the above post!! If you are worried about slipping and don't mind the occasional tearing up of the lawn on tight turns get the Ag or R-1 tires. I made the switch from R-4's and can't believe the difference. Make sure you find out about the position control on the Kubota. I know that I love the one on the 3032e. Some of the Kubota's have that quarter inching valve. Not sure about the 3200. Good luck!!