Default Money

Straight-up all you guys, What do you think a dealer should make on a tractor. Before expenses.

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

Default Re: Money

As much as he can or as little as he'll take. That's capitalism in action and I've grown kind of fond of it over the years. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

No one ever worries about how much the grocer makes on a can of corn or a candy bar (probably a much higher percentage markup). We just look at the price and either buy it or don't.

If you want a fixed price, pay the manufactuer's suggested retail price. Of course, no one wants to do that. Maybe I'm a bit biased here. I've been on the other side of the table for about a quarter century now. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Long/Landtrac360DTC

<font color=blue>What do you think a dealer should make on a tractor. Before expenses.</font color=blue>

Whatever the market will bear.

Tractor
    John Deere 2640 / Ford 1710 / MTD 2554 ZERO TURN MOWER

If it's a smart dealer he will price accordingly,because we as buyers have a new tool called the internet............. So much more info these days. If you don't like ones price deal with another. But tractor mark up on new tractors isn't that great, dealers make more $$$ on used tractors
    Bartman

Tractor
    John Deere X585 4WDq

Good question. I would just get multiple quotes and keep in mind that the lowest price is not always the best dealer. Warranty work, support and service after the sale are very key. Spencer200 may pop in and from a dealer point of view let you know what the % off list is that would be fair. By fair I mean you want the dealer in business next year right?