Yanmar 155D

/ Yanmar 155D #1  

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E42R, E10, John Deere 4100
Hi, ive been looking on craigslist for tractors lately and found a Yanmar 155D for $1500. It has the 3 point and pto along with 4wd. It also needs to be serviced and has a hydraulic leak. There is no other information but does it sound like its a good deal? I can tell from the picture that it will also need atleast 1 new back tire.

/ Yanmar 155D
Here is the picture of it....

Attachments

• ym.jpg
    ym.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 5,040
   / Yanmar 155D #4  
I'm unaware of any real problems with them. I used to own a 186D and I loved it........ and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I might just suggest doing some reading downstairs in the Yanmar section to get a feel for any parts that might be getting scarce....... but generally the YM series are very well supported.

/ Yanmar 155D #5  
There is no other information but does it sound like its a good deal?

I've been looking for a little Yanmar just like this. I agree that the tire mismatch is a little goofy, but for $1500, or a little less I think it's a good deal. I'd go take it for a drive. It it doesn't smoke or make any weird noises, I'd try to offer $1300.

You're lucky it's not located closer to me...;)

Keep us posted.

/ Yanmar 155D
It sounds like its about 2 hours north but yeah, I want to offer $1300 for it so I can get new back tires. I also will get lots of pictures if I get it. Wow, this may be my first tractor! Can you believe im only 14! If I dont get it, I know a guy with 3 simplicity tractors for sale the size of this yanmar. They all need some work but they might work too. to bad they are 2wd tractors.

/ Yanmar 155D #7  
As stated eariler, post this in the Yanmar forum, seems like I have seen that tractor posted before there. Also if a live PTO is important to you, double check that tractor because I do not believe the pto is live. I have a Yanmar and it has been a very good and tough unit.

/ Yanmar 155D #8  
If you were closer, I'd make you a smoking deal on the 2wd Kubota B6000E I bought for no good reason. It's a nice little tractor, with the rare PTO reverser/spline adapter. Just needs a couple bearings for the mower pulley box. Let me know if you're passing through Colorado.:D

If you don't get that little Yanmar, I think I might hold out for some other 4wd.

I think most guys your age like tractors on some level. I just don't know too many that actually buy them. Very cool.

/ Yanmar 155D
Well, right now its pending for another guy but if I dont get it than there must be a better tractor out there for me. :)

/ Yanmar 155D #10  
Thats a great price on that lil tractor . If the deal falls through & You look at it . Check the front axle for grease & leaks around the steering Knuckles as well as the Hydraulic fluid for water .

The Front seals Usually leak & might need replaced on the Knuckles & Theres 2 vent hoses on the rear that If They are bad or missing it allows water to get water in the Gear boxes . Not a big deal to fix , Just something to look out for. Also Be Prepared for the Moter Being rather noisy , Because They are . Good Lil tractors though .

Also Mine had Rice tires on the back , tore the heck out of everything so I put on a pair of 16 inch SUV tires on the rear the same overall Dimension as the rears for 40 bucks . Good luck. Bob