Comparison TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #21  
According to the site below TYM built some tractors for Mahindra and it also looks it had some sort of agreement with Case IH at one point. They seem to have consistently used decent branded engines from John Deere, Kubota, Iseki, Mitsubishi and Caterpillar/Perkins. I don't own one but am seriously considering them. The 5 year warranty and 0% for 84 months makes it hard not to take a closer look.

Tong Yang Moolsan - Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #22  
Found out more info. It is actually a Foton tractor. Either the FT304 or FT454.
FT304 comes with FEL, 6 ft slasher, 30 hp, 3 cyl. chinese copy of perkins motor.
FT454 comes with 4-in-1 FEL, 2 speed pto, slahser, Ricardo 4 cyl. engine, cabin.
Reviews on thiw website say it is a pretty good machine.

If I were going bigger than the tractor I now have, I would seriously look at the Foton tractors with shuttle shift, however you mentioned that you are not mechanically inclined. If a 4-in-1 bucket is not absolutely necessary, and not want to do more than regular maintainance, I'd definitely go with the Kioti LK30. It will do all that you mentioned and the wheels are adjustable so you can get a wide stance for the hillsides. They are really durable tractors and the ones that I know has been extremely reliable. I think the exhaust on the LK30 will turn 90 degrees to the front if it doesn't interfere with the loader and make it less vulnerable to tree branches. The only negative I noticed with the LK30 is the operator station is a little snug but definitely workable, just not as open as some other tractors.

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #23  
I'm also currently living in the Yarra Valley and I've just ordered a TYM K274 from Graham Shaw in Lilydale. I have a mate who's Aunt has been buying tractors from Graham for years and they swear by him. Good service I would recommend you look there first for your tractor. Also the K274 was a cancelled US order when the financial crisis hit so there was a heap that came in to Australia at a good price. You get a lot of features for your money and the equivalent TYM 273 that will be replacing it will cost a bit more so if you want one get it now before they sell out.

cheers,
Daniel.

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #24  
Could you please give us a meaningful amount of tractors? I would be interested to know.

Just ran across this in a financial report:

Kubota plans to cut output of tractors at a rate of 6 percent to 9 percent in 2009, compared with last year, less than the drop in overall demand, as it gains market share, Tomita said. The company and Moline, Illinois-based Deere & Co. are tied as the top sellers of tractors of less than 110 horse power in the U.S., Tomita said. Kubota sold about 102,000 tractors in the U.S., about 34 percent of the market, in 2008.

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #25  
My tractor is very similar to the LK30.

I am very pleased with my tractor, she is strong, reliable, easy to opperate and work on.

I would not worry as far as hills go, plenty of power to motor around as long as you are in the correct gear.

As far as grapple, versys 4 in 1 bucket. I agree with Island, those things look heavy, I'd rather go with grapple if it was me, just seems lighter and if you are moving brush and the like I'd bet very effective.

I'd purchase a kioti again in a heart beat.

Joel

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #26  
I think that judgement should be held until they actaully start selling a meaningful amount of tractors. According to their stock report (DAEDONG INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD - Google Finance) they only built 15,000 machines in all of 2008 globaly. No doubt the quality of the product has improved, but they are still are not selling any real volumne and have a long way to go. Mahindra does about 80,000 and they still remain virtually unknown.

What s the numbers for Kubota?

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #27  
Just ran across this in a financial report:

Kubota plans to cut output of tractors at a rate of 6 percent to 9 percent in 2009, compared with last year, less than the drop in overall demand, as it gains market share, Tomita said. The company and Moline, Illinois-based Deere & Co. are tied as the top sellers of tractors of less than 110 horse power in the U.S., Tomita said. Kubota sold about 102,000 tractors in the U.S., about 34 percent of the market, in 2008.

Got it.............Thanks

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #28  
Help me out here. Did someone post GLOBAL sales?

Was another post also global or merely North American sales? I guess I need to re-read these last few posts and make sure its apples to apples in my own mind.

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #29  
We have TYM 330 alias Mahindra 3510. Bought it two years ago and put on it about 165 hours so far. Only mechanical issue was seepage of hydraulic fluid around the sight window on the trany. Took only 5 minutes to repair with free part from the dealer. Paint on the operator platform and cylinders was of poor quality so I sprayed new paint on it. Screen on the radiator pluggs easily and is a pain to clean if the loader is installed.
This is first tractor we have ever owned so I don't have a good reference point but in general I like the tractor.

/ TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors #30  
Help me out here. Did someone post GLOBAL sales?

Was another post also global or merely North American sales? I guess I need to re-read these last few posts and make sure its apples to apples in my own mind.

There are no reliable numbers on that since its not reported in SEC reports and stuff. No one really knows on a global basis unless the company discloses it.