If I were a tractor engineer......I would...

/ If I were a tractor engineer......I would... #41  
There's probably more'n just one brand that produced tractors with ground speed PTO, but the only one I'm familiar with is Massey Ferguson. Theirs's didn't turn 1 revolution (on th epto stub) for every revolution of the rear wheel. It was something like 1rpm per every 19" of ground travel. (Roughly 9 rpm per revolution of a typical 13.6 X 28 rear tire/wheel) The concept was developed to power pto driven manure spreaders. It never really caught on like Massey engineers thought it would.

I had a MF150 and used the grnd pto for the spreader worked good .
I had a Long 445 with grnd pto locked up the flail chipper one day backed out the obstruction by backing up tractor also sickle mower and of course the chain in the rototiller.
Had a spare pump for a Heston 1010mc that was hung up jack up 1 wheel on tractor in grnd pto filled with ATF +K1 and turned the wheel that was off the ground by hand back and forth over a couple of days and got it loosened up
the grnd pto saved my butt a few times.

/ If I were a tractor engineer......I would... #42  
I had a MF150 and used the grnd pto for the spreader worked good .
I had a Long 445 with grnd pto locked up the flail chipper one day backed out the obstruction by backing up tractor also sickle mower and of course the chain in the rototiller.
Had a spare pump for a Heston 1010mc that was hung up jack up 1 wheel on tractor in grnd pto filled with ATF +K1 and turned the wheel that was off the ground by hand back and forth over a couple of days and got it loosened up
the grnd pto saved my butt a few times.

I used the ground PTO on my 150 to unscrew a post hole auger that was hung on a root. Other'n that, it's seldom ever been in gear in 38 years.

/ If I were a tractor engineer......I would... #43  
Incorporate an adjustable seatbelt tension system to allow one to stay buckled up; but allow freedom of motion in the seat to turn around while working in reverse.

I sure could have used this feature today while cleaning out the ditch in front of my house. My neck and back are still feeling it; but the whiskey I'm drinking as I write this is numbing the discomfort. :rolleyes: