Looks like our local MF/NH Dealer is closing.

/ Looks like our local MF/NH Dealer is closing. #1  

PSDStu

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota, M7060 HDC12, L4060 HSTC, RTV 1140
All the tractors are gone and looks like the bad economy has claimed another longtime dealer. This dealer had been in business for a long time and the word is that they are closing the doors.

Not only were they the local NH and MF dealer but also were the Bush Hog, Landpride and Howse dealer.

A few years ago they also owned the Deere dealership and that has shut it's doors as well.

This dealer was a AG as well as Compact tractor dealer and it's to bad for all the loyal tractor owners as well as the employees.

That leaves us with just the Kubota dealer in the area, for the others JD, NH, and MF you have to go the either Alabama, or Georgia.

Just a sign of the times...

Stu

/ Looks like our local MF/NH Dealer is closing. #2  
That's sad when a place closes up.

The other thing happening here in the North Georgia area are the MEGA dealers with 2 or 3 locations are buying up the struggling guys. There was a great Kubota / New Holland dealer just South of Atlanta in Griffin, Wade Tractor. There were bought out last year by another company, Lashley, that already had 2 locations. Wade was great to deal with. Salesmen knew your name when you walked in the door, and always greeted you with a smile. The part folks were also great, if they didn't have the part in stock they would get it to you in 2 days max. Now Lashley has taken over. I went in their several months ago to get the inner and outer air filters for my M5400. The new parts guy couldn't find the part number, then the internet was down, then he had to order it...yada yada yada. I basically told him to forget it and I would find one else where. Well the funny thing is 5 weeks later he calls me and says "Your filters came In" I guess better late than never. The other thing about Lashley that gripes me is when I started my business 6 years ago they wouldn't even give me the time of day. I went to their main location and introduced myself, told them I was a new start up, and would like to see what they had to offer. The salesman basically told me they weren't interested in my business. They mainly dealt with the big commercial guys. The guy actually told me that if I wasn't interested in a $50,000.00 skid steer I was wasting his time. Well 6 years later with two trucks, two tractors, a skid steer, and four trailers I don't dare go into their business and waste their time anymore. OK... my rant is over.....I feel better. Thanks......

Now the bad thing is all that's remaining is the bad place. Since they have 3 dealerships in the area they can drive the prices up while offering poor service.