Upgrading from B7800

/ Upgrading from B7800 #1  

survriggs

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
It's came down to either a Kubota L3400HST or a Kioti CK35HST, both with FEL. I'm trading a 2005 B7800 with 110 hrs. Some of my observations:
CK35: more comfortable suspension seat; L3400 has flip seat with spring.
CK35 has tilt steering, L3400 does not.
CK35 has horn, L3400 does not (not that it matters)
CK35 has pin adjustable stabilizer bars on 3PH, L3400 has the turnbuckle style.
CK35 has FEL joystick in more comfortable location (lower)
CK35 has smaller fuel tank 7.9 vs. 9.0
CK35 weighs about 500 lbs. more.
Adding rear remotes is $250 more for the Kubota
Both dealers are local and I personally know each one and they are very reputable. The trade in price for the Kioti is $750 more than the Kubota.
I'm leaning toward the CK35 based on the comfort factor.
If anyone has made this same decision I'd appreciate their reasoning either way.
My wife says that this is the last new tractor I'm gonna get so I better get what I want! Ha!

/ Upgrading from B7800 #2  
Sounds like your mind is already made up...

Also sounds like you've got a nice tractor already. But, I know what it's like to just want something new also..

Good luck in your search!

/ Upgrading from B7800 #3  
Time to dump the wife when she makes statements like that!

Maybe that's the kind of thinking that has me still single in my 40's....:D

How dare a wife tell me.... No more of this/that/ or the other....

Get what you WANT! she needs to live with it or get the # out!

/ Upgrading from B7800 #4  
It's came down to either a Kubota L3400HST or a Kioti CK35HST, both with FEL. I'm trading a 2005 B7800 with 110 hrs. Some of my observations:
CK35: more comfortable suspension seat; L3400 has flip seat with spring.
CK35 has tilt steering, L3400 does not.
CK35 has horn, L3400 does not (not that it matters)
CK35 has pin adjustable stabilizer bars on 3PH, L3400 has the turnbuckle style.
CK35 has FEL joystick in more comfortable location (lower)
CK35 has smaller fuel tank 7.9 vs. 9.0
CK35 weighs about 500 lbs. more.
Adding rear remotes is $250 more for the Kubota
Both dealers are local and I personally know each one and they are very reputable. The trade in price for the Kioti is $750 more than the Kubota.
I'm leaning toward the CK35 based on the comfort factor.
If anyone has made this same decision I'd appreciate their reasoning either way.
My wife says that this is the last new tractor I'm gonna get so I better get what I want! Ha!

If she's given you the green light to get what you want, then Do it!!

/ Upgrading from B7800 #6  
Lets see, you could add the pin type stabilizers, that is an option. You could upgrade the seat. Thats an other option!

The tilt steering wheel, while if your over 60 then chances are if it's your last tractor then you won't need to worry about fixing it!

/ Upgrading from B7800
Lets see, you could add the pin type stabilizers, that is an option. You could upgrade the seat. Thats an other option!

The tilt steering wheel, while if your over 60 then chances are if it's your last tractor then you won't need to worry about fixing it!

Art:
I had thought of the seat but not about the pin stabilizers. Are those available for B7800? I'll have to do some checking.

/ Upgrading from B7800 #8  
There have been some recent threads about converting the BXX20 series tractors to telescopic. If you do a search on that, you can probably find it. I believe it is using the parts from a B3030 to switch. It seems to run about $160 to do it. I don't know if it would work on a B7800 or not, but maybe your dealer could tell you. I have not done it to my B2920, but I think it would be an improvement.

/ Upgrading from B7800
There have been some recent threads about converting the BXX20 series tractors to telescopic. If you do a search on that, you can probably find it. I believe it is using the parts from a B3030 to switch. It seems to run about $160 to do it. I don't know if it would work on a B7800 or not, but maybe your dealer could tell you. I have not done it to my B2920, but I think it would be an improvement.

I found it the thread.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...8292-b7800-b29xx-telescoping-stabilizers.html
If I decide to keep the B7800 this will definitely be done.

/ Upgrading from B7800 #10  
My question is what are you looking to gain by getting a bigger tractor? I had a B7800 before my L3940.