batteries

/ batteries #1  

robert23239

Can anyone suggest best place to buy tractor batteries

Best brand ? Best price ?

Thanks

Robert

/ batteries #2  
tractor dealer, napa, interstate dealer.. tractor supply..

lotsa places..

with tractor batteries.. you are in extreme duty.. lotsa vibration.. and sometimes intermittant use.. both hard things on batteries... you pay's yer money and takes yer chances.. if you can get 3ys on one.. ya done good.. 5ys and you are robbing the company :)

soundguy

/ batteries #3  
.. if you can get 3ys on one.. ya done good.. 5ys and you are robbing the company :)

soundguy

Wow, the OEM battery in my NH1920 is still going strong after 10 years! :D
You are right, however, regarding typical battery life. I wish my boat batteries would last as long. :(

/ batteries #4  
10ys?? dang! I think you need to go send in some money to that company!!

soundguy

/ batteries #5  
10ys?? dang! I think you need to go send in some money to that company!!

soundguy

Yeah, I've been supporting the dealer and the manufacturer rather well, I think. :) But, on a more serious note, I think that proper battery maintenance does pay off (not that I'm the best example by any means).

/ batteries #6  
Here we go. But when mine died I bought the biggest one Wal Mart had,with the terminals in the right spot and sure it would fit. It even had the side terminals so i could add on to it for a booster cable plug.
Its been about 9 years now.Just don't get anything rated smaller.
My dealer sold out, and I don't care to help pay for the wall to wall carpet they have,
your going to get all kinds of responses here..

/ batteries #8  
Costco is pretty good for car batteries - your tractor battery may be similar enough to a car size to work.

/ batteries #9  
look for industrial/commercial/AG -- they're designed to survive the stresses generated by no suspension and/or loader work.
I was recently battery shopping and found that a group 31 battery would fit and spec out good enough to meet owners manual recommendations. (12V 110 AH, 850 CCA)
Batteries Plus had a good selection of different types - the group 31 was $95.
Big O Tires wanted 140 for an Interstate Brand.
Sam's club was asking $65 for an Energizer.
TSC was in the $100 range as well.

/ batteries #10  
Can anyone suggest best place to buy tractor batteries

Best brand ? Best price ?

Thanks

Robert
I have had great luck with Deka brand batteries.coobie