Rim Guard Cost

/ Rim Guard Cost #22  
I used Windshield Washer Fluid. Got it in a 55 gallon drum for $.94 per gallon. Used a siphon hose to pump it out of the drum into my neighbors 30 gallon 12 volt lawn sprayer then pumped it into my tires using a $7 adapter and a 6' piece of garden hose. Total cost was under $60. Total time was about 1.5 hours to set up things and pump in 46 gallons into my rears, 23 gallons each. I have a chart that list how much for each tire. I can not post but if you need info PM me. Make sure you give the size like 12.5x24 and what types like turf or Ags.

Chris

/ Rim Guard Cost #23  
ATTENTION Woodyacres :For your info, The RimGaurd being discussed "IS" in fact the "beet-juice" your neighbour used. Its enviro friendly and is heavier than water and doesn't require tubes and has many advantages besides the fact it doesn't freeze till way below freezing.

Hopes this helps,...we use a similar product in Canada called "FUSION". I have it in my tractor tires and really like it.

CHEERS!
. . tug

/ Rim Guard Cost #24  
My neighbor filled his tires with beet juice. Has anyone ever used it or do you know anything about it? He said it cost him around $300 to fill both his tires on his JD 720. The wrecker service in town came out and filled them for him. Supposedly it won't freeze and the density is greater than water.

Yes, those claims are true. It is essentially sugar water which is both heavy and has a pretty low freezing point. $300 is not a bad price though I don't know exactly how many gallons that represents on a JD720. RimGuard is more expensive than CaCl (which is close to free) or windshield washer fluid which is about 1.50-2.00/gallon. RimGuard as I recall goes for about $3/gallon but in your friends case there was probably a bit more for the wrecker service.

/ Rim Guard Cost #25  
My dealer quoted me $160.00 for the rear tires on a L3700, Does any one know if you can use a tire sealant like Gemplers, "Ultraseal" with RimGuard? I live in a part of the country at has shrubs with long thorns growing wild everywhere.

/ Rim Guard Cost #26  
I do not believe RimGuard is compatible with Slime and similar products. Call RimGuard for a definitive answer

/ Rim Guard Cost #27  
i see alot of people only fill their back tires, however on my tractor the tires that seem to slide the mose are the front tires. Is there any reason you don't ballast fron tires?

/ Rim Guard Cost #28  
TGF said:
i see alot of people only fill their back tires, however on my tractor the tires that seem to slide the mose are the front tires. Is there any reason you don't ballast fron tires?

Many people do and I've not seen anyone post that they had problems but you will find some people advise against loading the front. I think it makes sense to fill them.

Last edited:
   / Rim Guard Cost #29  
Local Rim Guard distributor charges $2.35 a gallon installed... That is with you bringing your tractor to their shop... If they have to come to you there is a service charge... but it is not much...
KennyV

/ Rim Guard Cost #30  
Most people who put ballast in the rear tires have a FEL. Which kind eliminates the need for any more weight in the front.

Wedge