Rim Guard Cost

/ Rim Guard Cost #1  

Sockwell

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740-HSTC,CC/Y EX3200, 1950 8N
Just ball park, what can I expect to pay for Rim Guard? I'm going to need about 75 gallons.

/ Rim Guard Cost #2  
Just ball park, what can I expect to pay for Rim Guard? I'm going to need about 75 gallons.

I checked this out a few months ago.
About $0.30 per lb, about 11 lb/gal, so about $3.30/gal.
What I don't know is whether this is the cost of the material only or if it includes a fee for filling your tires.
Call the lady at RimGuard. She's very helpful.

/ Rim Guard Cost #3  
Shop around, I found about $100 difference between Rimguard dealers for filling the tires in my 50 hp tractor.

Ken

/ Rim Guard Cost #5  
ever think of getting wheel weights as opposed to rim guard? the cost wont be that much more and it will be lots easier to repair should you ever get a flat/leak. also changing the tire pressure to you liking would be an option with wheel weights

/ Rim Guard Cost #6  
ever think of getting wheel weights as opposed to rim guard? the cost wont be that much more and it will be lots easier to repair should you ever get a flat/leak.......

Price of Rimguard is going to vary, but I paid $3.00/gal a little over a year ago. It pays to shop around when buying Rimguard.
You do not need inner tubes with Rimguard like you do with calcium chloride, so a tire may possibly be repaired (plugged) without removing the wheel from the tractor -- same as if you have mounted wheel weights and tires w/o inner tubes.

/ Rim Guard Cost #7  
ever think of getting wheel weights as opposed to rim guard? the cost wont be that much more and it will be lots easier to repair should you ever get a flat/leak. also changing the tire pressure to you liking would be an option with wheel weights

Wheel weights generally don't add as much weight as Rimguard (I have 800# per tire on my M9540) and usually cost a lot more for the same weight. I'm not sure serious wheel weights are easy to remove/replace.

I don't see where Rimguard stops you from varying the tire pressure. If used without tubes, leaks can be plugged without removing the tire.

Ken

/ Rim Guard Cost #8  
Filled tires also add a greater amount of stability than a wheel weight can.

/ Rim Guard Cost
Thanks for the help guys, but I'm gonna have to look for Plan B. I just got off the phone with Rim Guard and their nearest dealer is in North Carolina, about 5 or 6 hours away. The guy was very friendly. He said folks this far south aren't worried about freezing. I was looking at it more from an environmental point. Guess I'll look for an environmentally friendly anti-freeze.

/ Rim Guard Cost #10  
Thanks for the help guys, but I'm gonna have to look for Plan B. I just got off the phone with Rim Guard and their nearest dealer is in North Carolina, about 5 or 6 hours away. The guy was very friendly. He said folks this far south aren't worried about freezing. I was looking at it more from an environmental point. Guess I'll look for an environmentally friendly anti-freeze.

You'll want to look into RV anti-freeze--propylene glycol--that's used in potable water systems on RVs. You can drink PG. The usual antifreeze is ethylene glycol--poisonous.

The density of water-antifreeze mix is not much different from that of straight water (8.33 lb/gal).