Replacing a Clutch on a MONTANA 3840

/ Replacing a Clutch on a MONTANA 3840 #1  

FIREFIGHTER6CO6

I got a quote on replacing my clutch today for $1200, does this sound right to anyone?

/ Replacing a Clutch on a MONTANA 3840 #2  
Sounds like a good price to me, because I am assuming that the tractor has to be split. My guess would be you're probably a couple hundred dollars in parts and the rest is labor.

As long as it is a reputable shop, I'd say it's money well spent (so long as that is what needs to be fixed with the tractor).

Good luck and take care.

/ Replacing a Clutch on a MONTANA 3840 #3  
Sounds real good. They must be using a reman pressure plate? Make sure the flywheel is good or resurfaced.

/ Replacing a Clutch on a MONTANA 3840 #4  
That's the price I got to replace it in my kubota; $700 for the clutch and up to 10 hours labor.

/ Replacing a Clutch on a MONTANA 3840 #5  
I got a quote on replacing my clutch today for $1200, does this sound right to anyone?

UPS just delivered a rebuilt clutch (pressure plate, disc, throwout bearing) today for my 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor that I'm restoring. Cost: $270. There's a $30 core refund on the pressure plate and disc if you send the old parts back to the supplier. This is a simple Rockford RM single disc clutch for a tractor with a 27 hp gas engine.

I assume that your 3840 has to be split to do the clutch job and my guess is that the clutch pack is more expensive than the one I just got.

So considering the labor involved, $1200 doesn't sound bad.

/ Replacing a Clutch on a MONTANA 3840 #6  
Price is not bad. I assume you have a dual stage clutch. No sure if you want to tackle it or not but this can be a do it yourself project if you have a buddy to help and a free weekend.

Chris