Garden Tractor

/ Garden Tractor #1  

comdoc

I'm looking for a used garden tractor for tilling, scraping, and trenching on my 1 acre in Arizona. Where to find used machines at reasonable price? Read good review on JD 318. Thanks for input and advice.

/ Garden Tractor
craigslist??

I've looked on Craigslist locally, and found a JD 316 with dozer blade for $3000. But read about probs with 316 and esp 317. Also a Simplicity 9020 for $4000. How about other brands and specific models?

/ Garden Tractor #4  
JD400 series: 400, 420, 425,445,455. A couple are diesel and will give you longer life. Can be had with 3ph and rear pto. all have hydraulics. Best garden tractors ever made.

Also JD4110 or 2305

Kubota bx series

Simplicity.

Ford 1200

Gravely professional series.

/ Garden Tractor
Thanks, Gittyup. Very helpful. Will check all these out.

Regards,

George

JD400 series: 400, 420, 425,445,455. A couple are diesel and will give you longer life. Can be had with 3ph and rear pto. all have hydraulics. Best garden tractors ever made.

Also JD4110 or 2305

Kubota bx series

Simplicity.

Ford 1200

Gravely professional series.

/ Garden Tractor #6  
   / Garden Tractor
Yes, mjncad, I already noticed most used tractors were in middle America. Already looked on tractorhouse; not much at my low end price point. Will look on other sites you provided. Thanks and

Regards,

George

/ Garden Tractor #8  
There is a 420 with an Onan engine for sale locally. it has a belly mower, 3 pt, rear PTO, 3 hydraulic hook-ups for attachemnts. The pictures look like it is clean, but I don't know the hours on the engine. He's asking $2200 firm

Are the Onan engines reliable? How many hours are they good for if maintained? I understand they are costly to repair.
Any other problems?

/ Garden Tractor #9  
If it's in good shape. That's a good price. That tractor will run forever if you keep the fluids changed.

/ Garden Tractor
There is a 420 with an Onan engine for sale locally. it has a belly mower, 3 pt, rear PTO, 3 hydraulic hook-ups for attachemnts. The pictures look like it is clean, but I don't know the hours on the engine. He's asking $2200 firm

Are the Onan engines reliable? How many hours are they good for if maintained? I understand they are costly to repair.
Any other problems?

Thanks for your reply. How much would a used rototiller attachment cost? I saw a 4110 with loader and rototiller, but no response from seller.

Regards,

George