ventrac

/ ventrac #1  

garysr2

hi maybe somebody out there can give me some info i have looked at the ventrac 4200 turbo diesel with the dual wheels 4 wd i want something to cut steep hills and feel safe without turning it over i now use a tractor with bush hog it works but i can only come down the hill it will not go up starts spinning and to steep to go sideways takes a long time to cut. does anybody out there think this unit will do the job i know it is expensive in the 26k range ive been told thanks

/ ventrac #2  
Good to 35 degrees with dual wheels.
I've used my Steiner on steep slopes around here. I never measured what they were but when you are on the side of a hill the last thing you are thinking is "gee I wonder what the degree of slope this is".

Steve

/ ventrac #3  
I have 2 steiners at work(420's),very similar machine made by the same people. I have friends with the Ventrac.Im told the 31hp L/C gas engine is the way to go in them.....It lasts the longest,is very smooth,and has the most power.I have never used one,but a few ppl have said the diesel engine beats the machine to death with vibration.Also told that since the diesel spins at as fast as the gasser(RPM) it isnt much better on fuel....Id do more research before committing to spending 26K on one.I see clean used ones here and there,i wouldnt hesistate to buy a clean used one as well.
I lltell you this,my steiners will climb anything you can walk up,and sometimes they will climb up stuff to steep and slick to walk up without spiked shoes....With the duals they are incredible,but the outside tires restrict tight turns and trimming ability with the deck.I only have 60" decks,if i had a 72" the deck would be as wide as the duel wheels,it wouldnt be as much of an issue.I also have the front end loader,a homemade dozer blade,and a front mount yorkrake.Many of the drivetrain parts are identical on a steiner and ventrac,Ive run my steiners all out,and my old one has 10000 hrs on it,I drag 2000lbs of mowers with it in 90 degree weather for 8+ hrs straight in the summer,and put 30 hrs a week on it,it is still going,on engine #4,but still strong.Amazing machines.

/ ventrac #4  
hi maybe somebody out there can give me some info i have looked at the ventrac 4200 turbo diesel with the dual wheels 4 wd i want something to cut steep hills and feel safe without turning it over i now use a tractor with bush hog it works but i can only come down the hill it will not go up starts spinning and to steep to go sideways takes a long time to cut. does anybody out there think this unit will do the job i know it is expensive in the 26k range ive been told thanks

I've been using a 31 HP Diesel Turbo model at work and in some way it is a remarkable machine indeed. I don't mess with steep slopes but I can tell you that you can go right to the edge of a ridge or bank with your front wheels and lower the bush hog deck maybe 30-35 degrees from the chassis level WHILE cutting. This way you can have beautiful, clean ridge tops instead of huge weedy messes. I'm not aware of anything else that can do this.

This being said, IMHO Ventrac asks for way too much for their machines (the implements/attachments are worse.) IF I had it, I wouldn't mind spending that much money on the same machine with say, a Kubota diesel motor and a much longer warranty, but 26K for what is essentially a SCUT with great hydraulics but with a shortish warranty and Vanguard engine, no... thanks.

One other thing. I hope you're not allergic to whining noises because the Ventrac makes tons of them, some of which are the screeching type (even with ear muffs they can be hard to take when you spend hundreds of hours on the machine.)

/ ventrac #5  
Another choice you might consider is an Antonio Carraro tractor. The 4400 model is 36 hp. The price range is about the same as a Ventrac but you get a lot more tractor. The best site to get info on them is goodwinconcepts.com - they have several videos that show them in operation. Low to the ground, 4 wheel drive, bigger wheels than a Steiner or Ventrac, and best of all, bidirectional. They are the coolest tractors I have ever seen. Another great feature is they work with standard 3 point implements on either end - no need to buy brand specific attachments that won't fit anything else. Just my two cents.

/ ventrac #6  

Before you spend all this money have you taken a good look at the tractor you have to see if any improvements can be made so it will work.
What kind of tractor do you have,4WD-2WD type of tires and brand R1-R4 ,turf are your tires loaded? How are your wheels set at Wide Narrow?

/ ventrac #7  
Wow! that is an amazing tractor! Where are they built?

Another choice you might consider is an Antonio Carraro tractor. The 4400 model is 36 hp. The price range is about the same as a Ventrac but you get a lot more tractor. The best site to get info on them is goodwinconcepts.com - they have several videos that show them in operation. Low to the ground, 4 wheel drive, bigger wheels than a Steiner or Ventrac, and best of all, bidirectional. They are the coolest tractors I have ever seen. Another great feature is they work with standard 3 point implements on either end - no need to buy brand specific attachments that won't fit anything else. Just my two cents.