L4150

/ L4150 #1  

loesshillsruss

Tractor
Kubota L4150
Guys, I just want to let you know about the L4150 I bought. I had posted questions about it and several of you helped me and I wanted to tell you how it has worked out so far.
Got 1 set of 4 Commercial(r-4s?) and a set of 4 turf tires on rims(make me an offer!), a Sims Cab with modifications(took 2 hours to get the heater, plexiglass, and old fiberglass out of it(raised the value $1500 I bet!).
Yesterday(July6) I filled a couple of washouts in the old road so they can bring in the trusses for tin shed, lifted 7 yr old son up in bucket so he could trim some branches growing down into the drive(VERY CAREFULLY!!), moved a 500# road drag and leaned it against a tree so I could mow under it, moved 2 buckets of cut firewood, then I played---I put a new path thro Bluestem Sod up from the canyon to the deck (5 Hours), graded it and used the dirt to fill washouts on the edge our Flat Place(30 x 50 Lawn area).
OH yeah,I am loving the heck of the little tractor.
I think the cab does increase sound of the motor tho, but it does keep the sun off! Now I need to wire a little fan in there. And a radio. And a cup holder. Yeah!!
I don't know if there's going to be any thing major wrong with it with it, but I sure do appreciate having it. Couldn't have done but maybe one or two of the things with the JD70, no P.S. and hand clutch. Definitely would not have even tried the path- it was going up the side of a very steep slope (too steep to mow or walk down).
Thanks again to everyone!
See you on the attachments forum(a backhoe might be nice?).
Russ

/ L4150 #2  
Congrats, Russ. I'm getting interested in this series tractor. These are that "L3" chassis rbargeron talks about, correct? I'm sure you'll be asked for pix - so let me start that cheer - Pix Pix Pix!

/ L4150
Could be, knucklehead.
But I sure like the tractor! I am in the Loess hills of western Iowa. my 20 acres would be 80 if they were flat and this old tractor has out performed any tractor I have ever used, even on the farm 30 yrs ago.
Russ

/ L4150 #4  
I used to have a L3750 and it's on the same chasis as the 4150, it was tough as nails. I put a ton of hours and alot of abuse over the years that I had it. Hated to get rid of it but it was getting tired and time for a new home.

I also had a cab on mine sure was nice in winter. My new tractor doesn't have a cab and that is one thing I do miss. But I do love the hst on my new tractor it's a L4310.

Congrats on your new tractor

Gordon