Help me buy my Massey GC2410

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410
DMW, thanks for the tips. Good suggestion about using a box blade. I will have to keep an eye out for a used one. I'll also keep any eye on that hydro oil. I kinda wish the GC had a hydro dipstick.

And that BXpanded light kit looks pretty slick. If the GC alternator can handle that much draw (110W - 10 amps) that looks like a real nice option. I'll ask the dealer what the alternator capacity is.

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #23  
And that BXpanded light kit looks pretty slick. If the GC alternator can handle that much draw (110W - 10 amps) that looks like a real nice option. I'll ask the dealer what the alternator capacity is.

The BXpanded is probably a nice setup. I probably invested about $60 (including lights, wire, waterproof switch, and mounting plate) and added 4-55w work lights to my ROPS. They work great and really lights up the yard (front & rear). No problems with the alternator handling the load.

I'll try to dig up the pictures and post them later.

Jay

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #24  

I've done more yard damage with this tractor with turfs

than I have this one with R1s

The turfs spin easier and spinning does more damage.

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #25  
LBrown - 3 tractors and a 5 bay garage?

Woo-hoo!

:D

Today the dealer reiterated what has already been said that the R1s won't do any more damage in the dry and if the turf is wet and soft, damage will be done regardless of the tire. I ordered the R1. In addition the dealer will be reinforcing the bottom of the loader bucket, welding hooks to both buckets, filling the rear tires with RimGuard and will be installing a weld-on manual thumb. The thumb is an extra $500 however it seems to be a little more rugged and finished than the bro-tec. The dealer did not feel I needed the block heater.

It looks like the unit will be delivered a week from this coming Saturday.

I will post pics when it arrives.

Thanks for all the help guys!

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #27  
It looks like the unit will be delivered a week from this coming Saturday.

...and thus begins the longest wait.

Congratulations on your decision, I'll predict that you will both like it and use it even more than you thought.

Looking forward to seeing it.

JB

I probably invested about $60 (including lights, wire, waterproof switch, and mounting plate) and added 4-55w work lights to my ROPS.
Jay

Jay, could you give me a little more info on the switch you used? Did you need to use a relay? Did you run the wires inside the ROPS or clip them to the outside? Where did you pick up hot and ground?

As I think about this, I wonder if it would be possible to add a relay to the headlight circuit and then just have the auxiliary lights come on with the headlights? Something to think about...

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #29  
If it's the same as the 2310, there is a spot just above the 4-way flasher switch that has a cut-out in the metal and is only covered by the decal. I bought a waterproof switch at Tractor Supply that fit right in that spot.

There is also a power wire that has been run from the fuse block to the rear of the tractor. Take the BH off and look under the left fender from the back.

So all I had to do was run a wire from the fuse block to the new switch, then from there I picked up the wire that was pre-wired to the rear. I ran power wires through the inside of the ROPS and tied in to that pre-wired connection.

As for the ground, the lights are mounted to a metal bracket that is bolted to the 4 way flasher bracket - so it picks up the ground through the ROPS/frame.

Attached are a few pics to give you a better idea of the end result.

Jay

Attachments

• Lights1.jpg
    Lights1.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Lights2.jpg
    Lights2.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 255
  • Lights3.jpg
    Lights3.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 223
   / Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #30