Help me buy my Massey GC2410

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #51  
Interesting. Not nearly as much difference between the R1 and R4 types with larger tires. I wonder what the functional difference is as the tread design is so similar and the R1 tread really isn't much deeper at all.

I couldn't say exactly. I have wondered something similar at times before because the R1 lugs just aren't that deep. To me, they seem more aggressive than the Kubota R1s.

In the first post of another TBN thread is a picture of a BX2660 with R1s. Those look different than the ones on the MF. I had to even do a double-take to make sure those weren't R4s. The end of the lugs are squared off similar to an R4. It looks more like an aggressive R4 than a true R1 (like an R4 with narrow lugs).

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410
Have them filled if you need more traction.

Rimguard in the rears was part of the prep that dealer does with all their machines. I should be good to go.

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #53  
To me, they seem more aggressive than the Kubota R1s..

I loaded the pix of the MF and put it side by side with a pic of a Kubota R1 on a BX. I think I might know why the MF looks so much different. It is the higher rib count. Cool looking R1 on that MF, if you ask me.

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #54  
Cool looking R1 on that MF, if you ask me.

Yeah but how different is it from an R4? Depth of tread looks the same, width of tire looks the same, the cleats are angled a bit more but not very aggressively. Probably fewer plys than an R4 but other than removing some puncture resistance does that add anything?

Aren't these sometimes called "bar tires" or is that reserved for true R4s?

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #55  
Yeah but how different is it from an R4? Depth of tread looks the same, width of tire looks the same, the cleats are angled a bit more but not very aggressively. Probably fewer plys than an R4 but other than removing some puncture resistance does that add anything?

Aren't these sometimes called "bar tires" or is that reserved for true R4s?

Kubota calls R1's "bar tires". Here are photos of Kubota's R1 and R4 for a BX subcut. The supplier for Kubota and the MF supplier is obviously not the same. Kubota uses a lot of OTR supplied tires. I don't know who Massey uses.

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #57  
While the R1's he has are not what most of us farm kids think of as true Ag tires they will do a great job for him. Compared to R4's they will not pack full of mud because of the angle of the cleats and the width apart.

Chris