Something wrong with this transaction?

/ Something wrong with this transaction? #11  
Google "pls do withdraw the advert from craigslist to avoid disturbance"
Looks like he's just messing with people. I could not find the hook on this scam. Unless there is some identity theft angle. Or perhaps it evolves into the over pay and send the cash back scam.

/ Something wrong with this transaction?
Whatever it is I just deleted his email. Probably just a bama fan. Thanks guys

/ Something wrong with this transaction? #13  
   / Something wrong with this transaction? #14  
SCAMMERS, they want your name address, phone numbers, and anything else to use in a idenity theift. don't fall for it,

/ Something wrong with this transaction? #15  
My guess is that you would cash the check, the bank probably would honor it. They would come load up your mower, it's gone. About 1-2 weeks later the bank would call looking for restitution because the check turned out to be a phony.

Your name, address, phone number are relatively easy to get, its your mower they want for basically free. They will sell it someone who pays them cash.

In the end you have: 1. No Mower 2. You owe the bank the value of the bad check you gave them.

Dave.

/ Something wrong with this transaction? #17  
When I sold my walk behind, I got the same message almost word for word. It's a scam and if you advertise on CR much, you'll see it over and over. That people still fall for it is beyond me. Sometimes they are fishing for personal info, sometimes will send you a bogus check for too much money and ask you to send a check for the overage. Either way, you lose. Very rarely will they show up in person. Go online and read about all the various forms of cons they run.

/ Something wrong with this transaction? #18  
sounds like a scam to me

/ Something wrong with this transaction? #19  
My guess is that you would cash the check, the bank probably would honor it. They would come load up your mower, it's gone. About 1-2 weeks later the bank would call looking for restitution because the check turned out to be a phony.

Your name, address, phone number are relatively easy to get, its your mower they want for basically free. They will sell it someone who pays them cash.

In the end you have: 1. No Mower 2. You owe the bank the value of the bad check you gave them.

Dave.

Bingo. But then again, it's not just Craigslist et al that is the target of this this human garbage. At the risk of offending the PTBs of this site, even TBN gets such garbage as this:

2008 MODEL KUBOTA L3400 HST TRACTOR Houston, TX $4500.00 10/4/09

... and does absolutely nothing about it. Do WE, supporters of this site, have a quick and easy way of flagging such OBVIOUS SCAMS and/or alerting the site owner? Nope (correct me if I'm wrong.)

So why would those scumbags even think of stopping? Or going elsewhere to prey on new victims?

/ Something wrong with this transaction? #20  
I had a similar experience on EBAY... Selling a 67 Shelby GT500 and a person from Norway really wanted it. Willing to Transfer Money w/out viewing the car in person or having someone local view it but did have a lot of questions. I setup a new account (not linked to any other accounts) at my bank to handle the transaction. After thinking and having so many others interested I decided to back out of the deal. I didn't feel too bad because I did state in the add å¡«S buyers only? Needless to say he was upset and had several choice words to say. I didn't blame him but because of the amount of money and not feeling good about the transaction I was able to live with the name calling. After a couple days he had a local guy call to come over and pay cash for the car. It turns out that the guy had more money than Jed Clampett and was legit but the car had already been sold. DR. Phil's son (Jay) and a few college friends purchased the car for his dad's birthday gift. Wow! I wish I had kids like that.

TigerfaninAR: I'm not saying I think this transaction is legit but if youæ±*e unsure... move on... It's better to have the mower and no money than have no mower and no money.