CC card warning

/ CC card warning #1  

Bedlam

Veteran Member
I post this hoping that others wont fall onto this 'trap'
On my recent Credit card statements i found a charge for $19.99 .twice.
I write down all my transaction each month as they are mad and then check them off up receiving my bill.
On the statements it reads
mvq-privacy and then a phony telly number
I tracked it to this web site
PrivacyMatters1-2-3 | MVQ*PRIVACYM
I have called the card company and have it in the disputed files, but they expect me to work it out with the company.However the phone number rings and rings with no pick up ( no surprise)
Imagine the grief with people who got hit on the debit cards
After more searching i found that there is no address or company name associated to this number I'm calling. And it the number they provided to the Credit Card company.( a crime in itself Id think)
I also found a complaint board with 195 pages of complaints on this company.
I plan to file the complaint with the FTC but their site says they wont resolve the problem. just keep the complaint.
I feel violated with this, much like them robbing my home without my being able to protect myself..
So check your statements closely

Oh an BTW we don't have much of an idea just what they do .or in this case not do.yet billed every month I guess forever.
If the CC cant fix it I will have to close the CC account and reapply for another number.

/ CC card warning #2  
Any ideas where this originated? Did you make any on-line credit card purchases that month?

/ CC card warning #3  
This is an old scam that still goes on. They change their name as they get shut down. If you do not cancel the card and they get by for several months at 19.95 they will hit you for several hundered on the next go.

/ CC card warning
I hear ya I just found another number that rings with no answer.Jim I was thinking along the same lines as you...