L3010 or TC33D ?

/ L3010 or TC33D ? #1  

wmiller

Tractor
Kubota L3010 HST
I have FINALLY narrowed down my tractor buying decisions between these two. When considering either a B2910 or a TC33D, I had decided to get the TC33D. Then I saw a L3010 today. What a nice, beefy tractor. They just happened to have the L3010 beside a B2910. What a difference!
It just seems like the Kubota is built a little better than the NH. For example the Bota shifted effortlessly between L, M, and H while the NH usually wouldn't. I usually had to move the NH forward a bit for it to go into a new range. I can understand this happening when you put it into 4WD, but not when simply changing ranges. Also I noted when I moved the range selector back and forth on the NH the bar scraped the plastic guide on the fender. I just was more impressed overall with the form and fit of the Bota vs. the NH.
Any comments??
Bill

/ L3010 or TC33D ? #2  
Bill -- Both are fine machines. Don't let the little things dissuade you. I have an L3010 and occasionally (like on slopes, which is most of my land) have the same problem you mentioned with switching ranges. Letting it roll an inch or just slightly depressing the HST pedal lines things up just fine and lets the level slip into place.

You didn't mention your feelings about the dealers. You'll likely have a decades-long relationship with the dealer, so if you have a better feeling about one over the other that's also something to consider.

You're right, despite the narrow HP difference, the 2910 and 3010 are way different tractors! I've used Clementine hard for over 400 hours and love her more each day. What an awesome machine!

Pete

/ L3010 or TC33D ? #3  
I agree with Boondox 100% The dealer will make the biggest difference. As far as shifting between ranges, there is some slop in the gears on purpose. You can pop it back in gear by going under the seat and slipping it where it belongs. It is not that big a deal on the L3010 and I am sure it is the same wide tolerance on the NH.
I am sure you will be very happy with either tractor.

/ L3010 or TC33D ? #4  
<font color=orange>A view like this</font color=orange>... Or <font color=blue>Blue</font color=blue>.

Attachments

• 46-172053-FrontViewLoader.jpg
    46-172053-FrontViewLoader.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 93
   / L3010 or TC33D ? #5  
I too am in the same quandry..... The TC33D or the L3010/L3410. I can get both botas for less or about the same as the NH. The fit and finish is better on the NH, but the Kubota is cheaper and supposedly a better built machine. I have to decide before rebate goes away on Kubota 7/31. AGGGHHHH!!

/ L3010 or TC33D ? #6  
The wife and I went for a country drive this weekend. We came across a Kubota dealer that I didn't know existed, so I stopped to look over some of the inventory sitting in front of the store.

I sat on both a L3010 and an L3410. It had been awhile since I had taken a close look at the 'Bota's. They're great looking machines, but as soon as I sat on each one I remembered one of the "drawbacks" (for me, anyway). I can't move the seat far enough back to make using the brake pedals and the clutch comfortable. I have to lift my foot higher than what feels "right" to get on the pedals.

I didn't have that problem on the TC33D's or TC35D's that I sat on. All the pedals were comfortably situated for easy movement of my feet.

Now I know I could modify the seat on the Kubota to give some more room, but I don't think I should have to do that. Certainly if I could save a "few" hundred dollars over the cost of the NH, I might consider it. But the prices in my area of the country are close enough to each other that the comfort factor could very easily become the deciding factor for me.

You're decision could very easily come down to that. Which machine feels the most comfortable to you. If you like all the dealers, if the prices are competitive, and if you don't have a particular color preference, maybe it could be that easy! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ L3010 or TC33D ? #7  
If its coming down to a few hundred dollars making the difference. You might consider the N. H. TC29D, same size as the TC33D, just a couple of horsepower less. Unless you have really hilly terrain, or intend to turn maximum size for its class PTO equipment, you probably won't notice the HP difference.

/ L3010 or TC33D ? #8  
If you buy the TC33D let us know what you think-I love NH products and while I own JD and Kubota-I wouldn't mind a third...!

/ L3010 or TC33D ? #9  
I went with a Kubota 3010 after shopping for almost 1 year. Being in the automotive field for so many years, the amount of switches on the New Holland units reminded me of all the electronics that the new cars have, and the resulting problems that occur after time. I do agree, however that a good dealer relationship is almost a priority.