Bx2230

/ Bx2230 #1  

mscany42

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2004 or 2005 (cant remember the year but I know it is one of those 2 years) Kubota BX2230. For around 4500. It has a belly mower. I have several questions aobut this.

Does this seem like a reasonable price?
What would it cost me to put a front end loader on it?
I think a tiller attachment will run me about $1000, does that sound about right.
would I be better off buying a new tractor with the loader, tiller and mower?

I would be using this to primarily mow and till
thanks

/ Bx2230 #2  
Great price for a 2004 or 2005! Just make sure the regular maintenance was done in the time frame recommended. Pull out dip stick to check oil level and texture & color of oil. Also check hydro fluid level and how many hours of use on tractor.In my opinion the 60" mower rocks, but nothing wrong with 54". FEL's are quite high in price, you would be luck to find one under $2000.00.Good luck with you choice, the BX series Tractors are real work horses. It's the smaller tractor that can do.
DevilDog

/ Bx2230 #3  
Is this tractor local that you can look at and take home upon delivering cash to the seller? or is it far away and they are asking you to wire money or send money via Western Union or the like? If the later, it may be a scam where you send money and they never ship the tractor. Be careful.

/ Bx2230 #5  
Is this tractor local that you can look at and take home upon delivering cash to the seller? or is it far away and they are asking you to wire money or send money via Western Union or the like? If the later, it may be a scam where you send money and they never ship the tractor. Be careful.

What Chris said.

/ Bx2230 #6  
If it's for real then go 4 it.