Shrinkage?

/ Shrinkage? #11  
clothes in the closet are shrinking

Seems I've noticed that too! Had to buy a bunch of new pants as the old ones shrunk at the waist. Legs didn't seem to be affected though?

Now I'm wondering if as the ice cream buckets shrink my pants will expand?:confused:

/ Shrinkage? #12  
Clothes shrinking?

Wait a second-- how many of you were on the thread about dieting?

I can also talk about shrinkage...
My waist has shrunk, and my pants grew....

Weird huh?

J

/ Shrinkage? #13  
When I built my house about 26 years ago, I made a minor error installing the toilet paper holder. The sides were separate, and I installed them slightly too close to each other. The roll of TP would touch and just barely bind when unrolling. Today there is almost a half inch gap:eek:.

26 years from Now and.............?

/ Shrinkage? #15  
Ive been noticing this as well. Almost all Ice cream used to be sold in 1/2 gallons,not anymore,48 oz,but the package is shrunk to look exactly the same as the 1/2 gallon it replaced.Today I bought a 1/2 gallon of Orange Juice,or I thought,the container looked a little thinner than a 1/2 gallon,so i looked,and yup its now 59 oz.Others I notice,potatoe chips,same big bag,but more air in there,and less chips,Yogurt,used to be 7oz,now 5-6.Also lately "hard rolls" no bigger than a donut in some supermarkets.Also notice all the 20oz water bottles all gone replaced by 16.9 oz.Gatorade was 20oz,now has a contoured bottle,and 16.9 oz for the same price...Lately I'm see cold cuts with prices advertised as (per 1/2 lb)instead of per pound to appear to be cheaper.

/ Shrinkage? #17  
Breyers did this to their yogurt probably 4 years or more ago. I sent them an email asking why they reduced their size but kept the prices the same and their response was that it was due to customer demand about serving sizes. What a bunch of crap. I've refused to by any breyers product since then.

/ Shrinkage? #18  
One problem is that it's a chicken and egg thing. As a supplier, if your competitors downsize their package volume, and you don't, your price will be higher and you will lose sales. Makes no sense but it's true.

/ Shrinkage? #19  
Here's one regarding Dial bar soap--remember when it used to to be a flat bar of soap. Well, now its sculpted out in the center--same size but missing some soap. Very cleaver! You're best friend at the stores these days is a calculator.

/ Shrinkage?
And also I want to mention how wal mart cut corners on their cookies. The usual square ones (choc covered grahams) now have the corners cut on a 45 degree angle. This does help them from getting crushed some but I think the intent was less material Ive also found I can add five more cookies to each box.LOL Think of the diesel thats waisted , pretty soon the trailers will weight 10,ooo lbs.
and dating back years now I could fit two boxes of envelopes into one. maybe thats where the idea came from.Only good thing there is I'm emailing and don't use many envelopes.