Retooling the L series

/ Retooling the L series #1  

tugokc

Tractor
Kubota 3000DT
There is a post in the Kubota buying section where a fella says Kubota has stopped production on the L series. I guess I would ask Mr. Carver if that is so, and ignore this post if this is old knowledge. (I looked but I didn't find anything else about it.)

/ Retooling the L series #3  
I don't know for sure,but I've heard that Kubota is making some changes on the current L-Series.It's been hard to find out just what these changes are going to be.I guess we will have to wait and see what the finished product will be...

/ Retooling the L series #4  
tugokc- Kubota has stopped production on the L series , I don't know the exact date it was stopped but I could not order a tractor 2 weeks ago, I could only get one that had already been manufactured.

MReeter is correct- Kubota is making some changes. My local dealer [Jennings Equipment in Puyallup, WA] told me that some of the changes that he knew about were the hood would be able to be raised and that the 3point would be raised by outside hydraulic cylinders instead of an inside one. This would supposedly increase the lifting capacity some. He said that there were other changes as well that he was not sure of. He will know more around Sept. 1st, and I can go back around then and order one. This will give me about 6 weeks to figure out my dream machine.

Kevin

/ Retooling the L series #5  
WarWagon,

Welcome to the TBN. I am very close to you. I am in Ravensdale - and have been to Jennings several times. They have been good to work with.

/ Retooling the L series #6  
Thanks for the welcome tdenny, I too would live in that neck of the woods if I could but gota live within 30 minutes of work-grrrrr. O well thats life.

You are right, the people at Jennings are great to work with. When I first went to look at tractors, I went to the John Deere dealership and I could not get the salesman to leave the comforts of his office. Real discouraging. So I went down to Kubota. Salesman came outside, showed me the tractors, some implements, and talked for a half hour, guess which color I will buy.

Anyway this a whole different thread, but again thanks for the welcome.

Kevin

/ Retooling the L series #7  
I am in the market, probably orange......do I buy before 7/31 or wait. The prices going up?? has anyone heard anything on the increase??? I'm not in a hurry, would rather get the newer model, but at what increase in cost?? Dealership stock is VERY low. I may have trouble getting one if I don't decide next week.....

/ Retooling the L series #8  
During a quote that my neighbor and I received on 06/26/02, local Kubota dealer informed us that both rebates and interest rates would be changing on 07/31/02. He didn't know how much. Just said that existing inventories were being depleted fast, so the corporation no longer needed such good incentives.

/ Retooling the L series #9  
Kodiak,

THe USD is going down on all major markets, including Japan to the Yen. This is not a short term issue, but one of several years before a rebound is the current opinion and position. So if you're going to buy now may be the best time for a while.

In addition I personally prefer to have a tool/car/tractor that has been in the market for a year or more that has the revisions sorted and resolved.

Carl