Price Check ford 3000 price

/ ford 3000 price #1  

jonboy1981

im looking at a ford 3000 gas buner the guy is asking 3k for it he has replaced the tires all the way around and re wired it is this a good deal on this tractor and can anybody tell me a little about this modle tractor i dont know any thing about this modle tractor

/ ford 3000 price #2  
Without knowing it's age it's still safe to say that they are pretty solid. If it has the double reduction rear axle with inboard brakes it's even better. The outboard drum brakes were not known for robust life and function. Even so, it is a very reliable tractor.

/ ford 3000 price #3  
This model tractor came with many different options and configurations. Check to see if it has live power take off. Also, see if it has power steering as manual is difficult on this tractor. They are a heavy, durable tractor, but as mentioned, the drum brakes are only fair.

/ ford 3000 price #4  
A 3000 has the outboard brakes.. had to get to a 4000 series to get the better setup.

manual steering is no harder on a 3000 than any other machine of it's class.

$3000 for a good running 3000 is a great deal.. 3000's go inthe 4000-5500$ range around here. I looked far and wide and finally snagged a 68 3000 diesel for 3100$, and had to put 1000$ of parts into it before it became a tracto.. and I consider it a good deal still. had new rears.. and old fronts.. and needed a couple month of 'hands on' and a bunch of ups shipments before it became a good working tractor.

hopefully yours is the 8spd dual clutch model.

post the numbers stamped into the trans bellhousing aft of the starter and I'll decode them for you..will be sn, date code and model id.

if it's a gasser.. I hope it has a replacement zenith carb.. the holley's, when they get problems.. are buggers to work on.. mostly due to lots of bad aftermarket kits.. you really need a good cnh kit.. but if she runs good as is.. don't muck with the carb..

soundguy

/ ford 3000 price #5  
   / ford 3000 price #6  
The axle with drum brakes was eventually replaced with the double reduction axle in production. Just don't remember when.

/ ford 3000 price #7  
The axle with drum brakes was eventually replaced with the double reduction axle in production. Just don't remember when.
That came with the 3910 in 1982. 3000, 3600, and 3610 all had drums.

/ ford 3000 price #8  
   / ford 3000 price #9  
the bulk of it in 10 weeks or so.... last bit of detail work probably consumed the rest of the 3rd month.. things like getting the head lamps and tool box on.. smv plaque.. etc.

soundguy

/ ford 3000 price #10  
Have to post this in memory of my father-in-law. He claimed the Ford 3000 was the best small acreage tractor ever. He had one stolen just before I met my wife and looked for several years for a good one. He finally found a diesel with power steering that provided him some good times during his last couple of healthy years. He sold it when his health began to fail and my wife has often said she would like to find the tractor and buy it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane and good luck with the purchase.