Kubota 2320 / JD 2320

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320 #1  

Wabiv

Hi all, Have been lurking for awhile. I have been to all the local dealers and have decided it is between these two. I will have a FEL and RMSB to start. Eventually I will want a roto tiller. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320 #2  
Welcome Wabiv,

I have the Kubota B2320 and am mostly happy with it. I will say up front that I did not purchase mine brand new. I bought in last August when it was not quite 1 1/2 years old with 120 hours as it was too good of a deal to pass up. I have the LA304 loader and 60" MMM.

If I had bought a new machine, the B2320 and the JD 2320 were both on my list and I had looked at both in person, but had not driven either. My only complaint with the B2320 is that I find the forward and reverse pedals awkward to transition between. I have an average, size 10 foot and find I can't keep my foot positioned to just rock back and forth. As I gain experience with the machine I am getting more used to it but, overall I think I would prefer the side by side pedals.

The one concern I had with the JD was the position of the FEL hydraulic lines. The quick disconnects are located under the left side floor board and I felt could be prone to snagging when used in the wooded terrain of my property.

Overall both are fine machines.

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320 #3  
I looked at both too, and ended up with the Kubota, mostly because it was available, and I needed something right then. Though it isn't important with the implements you are going to get initially, I really wish mine had position control on the 3 pt like the JD. I grew up using small tractors with steering brakes too, and I wish they were easier to use on my Kubota. In mud, snow, and sometimes when backdragging with the loader, etc. they are really handy. I do like the three range transmision on mine, fewer things hanging off the bottom, and the overall build quality. I have a QA on my loader, so that is a wash. I think the steering geometry on the JD is a little better for finish mowing since the tires seem to "lean" into the turn more, and seem less likely to tear the turf with the outside of the outside front tire. You can't really go wrong with either. It used to be that the implements like snowblowers, front blades, etc. were better matched on the Kubota, and that influenced my decision too, but I see that JD is addressing that.

Try them both, think about what things are most important to you, and have fun shopping!

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320 #4  
Welcome Wabiv,

I have the Kubota B2320 and am mostly happy with it. I will say up front that I did not purchase mine brand new. I bought in last August when it was not quite 1 1/2 years old with 120 hours as it was too good of a deal to pass up. I have the LA304 loader and 60" MMM.

If I had bought a new machine, the B2320 and the JD 2320 were both on my list and I had looked at both in person, but had not driven either. My only complaint with the B2320 is that I find the forward and reverse pedals awkward to transition between. I have an average, size 10 foot and find I can't keep my foot positioned to just rock back and forth. As I gain experience with the machine I am getting more used to it but, overall I think I would prefer the side by side pedals.

The one concern I had with the JD was the position of the FEL hydraulic lines. The quick disconnects are located under the left side floor board and I felt could be prone to snagging when used in the wooded terrain of my property.

Overall both are fine machines.

TO have your foot on the petal is very tough! Try and leave your heal on the floor till you need to back up. Even at that I often just bring my foot around and push up on the bottom of the forward petal for quick reverses.

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320 #5  
The B2320 has a 3-range HST, vs a 2-range on the Deere. Hooked to loads, the ability to push and pull is night and day even compared to the 2-range in the prior B7510/B7610.

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320 #6  
One other thing that I wouls mention about the pedal arrangement is to try sitting sideways as you would be using a box blade, or rear mounted snowblower in reverse on both the JD, and Kubota tractors. I found, and you might too that the rear location of the reverse pedal is so much more comfortable to use in that position, and saves a lot of neck, and back strain when doing that kind of job.

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320 #7  
I have owned both Kubota & John Deere tractors. Once you get used to the toe to heel control you'll be very happy with it... With John Deers side by side pedal control you can easily step on the wrong pedal at the wrong time. I've always felt J.D. should use the toe to heel control and Kubota should use J.D. placement of the steering brakes. That would make both brands better machines I.M.O.

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320 #8  
Hey neighbour!

Test drive the both of them.

Also, assess the dealer support. That's a hugely important part of the relationship.

Can't go wrong with either leading brand though.

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320
Thanks for all the info fellas. The Kubota dealer is going to drop one off for me to try tomorow. I will keep you posted.

Hey jimmyj nice to hear from you.

/ Kubota 2320 / JD 2320 #10  
I have a Kubota 2320 (14 months) and am happy with it. I initially looked at the JD 2320 but did not get the price on it that I received on the Kubota. My impression was that they were both quality products.

Cheers,

Dennis