M7040 kubota difference???????

/ M7040 kubota difference??????? #1  

johnvickl

Bronze Member
looking at buying a 09 m7040DTC, 43 hours on it and
$6500.00 less than a new one. what is the difference between DTC and HDC? is it the hydralic shuttle? thanks for your help. i feel this is a really good buy. $31,500.00.

/ M7040 kubota difference??????? #2  
You are correct it is the hydraulic shuttle. There are to many variables to say on the price difference.

/ M7040 kubota difference??????? #3  
why do they want to sell it with only 43 hours on it? ....Red Flag for me.

/ M7040 kubota difference???????
why do they want to sell it with only 43 hours on it? ....Red Flag for me.

it's from an auction house in north texas. he tells me there is nothing wrong with it has full warranty, i understand where you are coming from. he said they got it from a trade? do you think it would something to look at? it's a pretty long drive from me in south texas. but you think with that many hours it would be ok. thanks

/ M7040 kubota difference??????? #5  
it's from an auction house in north texas. he tells me there is nothing wrong with it has full warranty, i understand where you are coming from. he said they got it from a trade? do you think it would something to look at? it's a pretty long drive from me in south texas. but you think with that many hours it would be ok. thanks

Don't know about this tractor, but while shopping for mine at many reputable dealers I came across many tractors in great shape with low hours due to the fact that their previous owners just weren't happy with that tractor and traded up. If it doesn't look beat up and still has a year or two of warranty I see no problem with buying it. definetly try to get the full story as to why it is there!

he told me the guy wanted more than 70 hp. i have not seen it yet he says it is in perfect shape. next to a new one you would be able to tell the difference, except for 43 hours on it. i assume the guy should of never bought it. it still has the full kubota warranty. thanks

/ M7040 kubota difference??????? #7  
The DTC is the Snychro Shuttle version which is ok but the Hyd Shuttle is the primiere version.

yes i know the hdc is better, but for the price i will use the clutch. i usually just mow alot anyway. i had a tractor with air seat and loved it. can it be installed after market. something you can do yourself?

/ M7040 kubota difference??????? #9  
I don't know about Kubota having such a program, but my (Kubota/NH) dealer told me they had a NH which was brought back with low hours for a bigger machine. NH has a program to refund the full purchase price in such situations and then discount the tractor to the dealer to sell with full warranty.

There is also a lot of equipment out there that was repossessed by the manufacturers due to the economic downturn. That's probably more common in the construction industry than in the farm equipment.

/ M7040 kubota difference??????? #10  
I don't know about Kubota having such a program, but my (Kubota/NH) dealer told me they had a NH which was brought back with low hours for a bigger machine. NH has a program to refund the full purchase price in such situations and then discount the tractor to the dealer to sell with full warranty.

There is also a lot of equipment out there that was repossessed by the manufacturers due to the economic downturn. That's probably more common in the construction industry than in the farm equipment.

Most manufacturers will assit a dealer when that happens. There is nothing in the rule book for that although when questioning rep's while the dealers are working on those deals they often will support them in any way that they can.