Bronze Member

Default M7040 kubota difference???????

looking at buying a 09 m7040DTC, 43 hours on it and
    $6500.00 less than a new one. what is the difference between DTC and HDC? is it the hydralic shuttle? thanks for your help. i feel this is a really good buy. $31,500.00.

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: M7040 kubota difference???????

You are correct it is the hydraulic shuttle. There are to many variables to say on the price difference.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5000

why do they want to sell it with only 43 hours on it? ....Red Flag for me.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by pitt_md View Post
    why do they want to sell it with only 43 hours on it? ....Red Flag for me.
    it's from an auction house in north texas. he tells me there is nothing wrong with it has full warranty, i understand where you are coming from. he said they got it from a trade? do you think it would something to look at? it's a pretty long drive from me in south texas. but you think with that many hours it would be ok. thanks

Tractor
    Kubota L3400-HST

Quote Originally Posted by johnvickl View Post
    it's from an auction house in north texas. he tells me there is nothing wrong with it has full warranty, i understand where you are coming from. he said they got it from a trade? do you think it would something to look at? it's a pretty long drive from me in south texas. but you think with that many hours it would be ok. thanks
    Don't know about this tractor, but while shopping for mine at many reputable dealers I came across many tractors in great shape with low hours due to the fact that their previous owners just weren't happy with that tractor and traded up. If it doesn't look beat up and still has a year or two of warranty I see no problem with buying it. definetly try to get the full story as to why it is there!

Bronze Member

he told me the guy wanted more than 70 hp. i have not seen it yet he says it is in perfect shape. next to a new one you would be able to tell the difference, except for 43 hours on it. i assume the guy should of never bought it. it still has the full kubota warranty. thanks

Tractor
    Kubota, M6060, L4060 HSTC, BX2360, RTV 1140

The DTC is the Snychro Shuttle version which is ok but the Hyd Shuttle is the primiere version.

Bronze Member

yes i know the hdc is better, but for the price i will use the clutch. i usually just mow alot anyway. i had a tractor with air seat and loved it. can it be installed after market. something you can do yourself?

Tractor
    Kubota M5040, M9540, B21 TLB, B2710, RTV900, JD 325 Skid steer, KX-121-3 mini excavator

I don't know about kubota having such a program, but my (Kubota/NH) dealer told me they had a NH which was brought back with low hours for a bigger machine. NH has a program to refund the full purchase price in such situations and then discount the tractor to the dealer to sell with full warranty.

There is also a lot of equipment out there that was repossessed by the manufacturers due to the economic downturn. That's probably more common in the construction industry than in the farm equipment.

Tractor
    all makes and models

Quote Originally Posted by Ken45101 View Post
    I don't know about kubota having such a program, but my (Kubota/NH) dealer told me they had a NH which was brought back with low hours for a bigger machine. NH has a program to refund the full purchase price in such situations and then discount the tractor to the dealer to sell with full warranty.

There is also a lot of equipment out there that was repossessed by the manufacturers due to the economic downturn. That's probably more common in the construction industry than in the farm equipment.
    Most manufacturers will assit a dealer when that happens. There is nothing in the rule book for that although when questioning rep's while the dealers are working on those deals they often will support them in any way that they can.