My Search for a 35 HP Tractor

/ My Search for a 35 HP Tractor #11  
Mahindra 3316 +'s. Overall a good tractor. There is a dealer right here in town, and I live in a very small town (5,000 people). The dealer did not have any 3316's when I was looking, only a 2816 gear tractor. These tractors come standard with cruise and drawbar. I did not get a chance to drive one as the dealer never called me back when he was supposed to get one in.

-'s. Probably the biggest thing on this tractor is it just felt small. I did not get the chance to look at the 33 but judging from the 28HP it just felt little. Maybe I'm crazy but I just for some reason did not like the Mahindra brand. The price was not any chaper for the 33 at about 19K with HST and FEL, plus the HP was a little on the weak side for what I wanted (30 PTO HP). Also, the 33 has a turbo, which I am trying to avoid. It would have certainly been the most convenient tractor with a dealer right here in town. If the dealer had better inventory or had called me back knowing I wanted to test the 33 HP I probably would have given them a better shot. As it was, their price was higher than the Kubota which had similar features and hydro.

I am sorry to hear that your Mahindra dealer didn't come through for you. But, the 3316 compared to the 2816, is kind of like the Cadilac compared to the Chevy. The 3316 has a much roomier operator station and many more improvements over the 2816. The dealer, at his loss, didn't do his job and I think he could have done far better on his pricing. I know I could have. Any how I am sure you will be pleased with your Kubota and I wish you good luck with it!

/ My Search for a 35 HP Tractor #12  
I wish you much luck on a good joice! I bought my L3400 in may of this year after much searching and comparing. Also for pretty much the same reasons you did. I have approximately 30 hours on it now and I love it!!!!!

/ My Search for a 35 HP Tractor
Quick update:

I finally got a chance to use the tractor this weekend (delivered on Friday). So far so good. We used the tractor to move a bunch of wood. I got the Armstrong Ag forks that attach to the bucket. Although they tend to sway a little side to side they do a pretty good job of getting under logs etc to move. I can tell you the loader picked up some heavy loads.

I have to tell the story that my wife admitted that she was wrong. At first she thought the tractor would be too small. Now she sees exactly what I was talking about. I think our Ford 1910 will see very little use from here on out. Also, she was able to drive the tractor with no problem even though she has never used a HST/FEL tractor before.

And, yes, the 3 pt is jerky. I haven't tried adjusting the speed yet but it is definitely jerky. I knew this was an issue but so far it's just an annoynace more than anything.

So far we love the tractor. Supposed to be getting the disc in this week.

Ron

/ My Search for a 35 HP Tractor
Used the tractor all day yesterday. I'm still sore from all the work we accomplished. Tractor worked beautifully again. I picked up some really hevy loads with the loader. Big trees, limbs, dirt, etc. So glad I got the R-1's as I was spinning tires plowing through the mud but still making progress. Used the disc for the first time. It worked as advertised. Tractor hauls great on my 16' lowboy and 1/2 ton chevy truck. Can't say enough about how I like this tractor so far. I used 4WD a lot and low gear several times to push big piles of brush. My father in law drove the tractor was suprised at how much power it had when pushing heavy trees etc. I hope I can use it a bunch more before it gets too muddy/wet in the back to work. I will soon find out how it handles soggy ground.