Least Expensive

/ Least Expensive #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I am planning on buying a small tractor next spring. It will have a FEL, tiller, and blade. It must have a hydro or at least a shuttle shift. And it must have the larger tires so the FEL can dump over the side of a 2wd pickup. I only have an acre of ground but plan on using it at my daughters places and at other relatives/friends places. I am planning on retirement in a couple of years and this will be one of my main "toys".

So my question is, what is the least expensive 'name brand' unit I can buy? What can I plan on spending? And should I get the equipment all the same color or, should I buy the tractor and then add loader, etc..

Also in my area used compact tractors bring a nearly new price. So I will get a new one.

RSKY

/ Least Expensive #3  
I wouldn't recommend over sizing just to please others. a larger tractor may end up too cumbersome to use on your own place. When you say it must be able to load pickup, unless you are talking garden tractor, they all should have reach level sufficient to load a pickup. I would go look at various dealer and I expect you are looking for a high teens to perhaps high 20's in horsepower range. Many times you can get the loader cheaper by adding to new purchase as opposed to adding later. There is cheap to buy and cheap to own. many that are cheaper to buy may bring less when resold so cost to own is more than perhaps a little more expensive unit that has higher resale. also, certain brands are more popular in certain locales. Also if you are not experienced enough to maintain and even if you are which dealer is most convenient and has good rep in terms of service.

/ Least Expensive #4  
I am planning on buying a small tractor next spring. It will have a FEL, tiller, and blade. It must have a hydro or at least a shuttle shift. And it must have the larger tires so the FEL can dump over the side of a 2wd pickup. I only have an acre of ground but plan on using it at my daughters places and at other relatives/friends places. I am planning on retirement in a couple of years and this will be one of my main "toys".

So my question is, what is the least expensive 'name brand' unit I can buy? What can I plan on spending? And should I get the equipment all the same color or, should I buy the tractor and then add loader, etc..

Also in my area used compact tractors bring a nearly new price. So I will get a new one.

RSKY

If you're going to move it around, you need to consider your towing setup. What PU and trailer do you have?

/ Least Expensive #5  
I would skip the "least expensive" part and ask what is the "best value" tractor I can buy, which includes a lot of hard-to-measure qualities.

How are the ergonomics for you?

How smoothly does it operate?

How much are you going to enjoy it?

If $18k gets you a tractor you won't enjoy after the first few days, and $20k gets one you will enjoy for many years, the difference is the best $2k you will ever spend.

I could have saved about $2k by buying a different brand than what I own. I agonized over this for weeks. Then I decided to go ahead and get the one I really wanted, which was an excellent decision.

/ Least Expensive #7  
I would research tillers with respect to pto horsepower requirements and whether you want reverse till option or not and whether offset is sufficient or whether you want something wide enough to cover both tires. This may point you toward a higher horsepower but it depends on what you want in the way of tiller. All of your basic requirements can be met by the smallest compact tractor in the 20 horsepower range in my opinion. From what you describe I would stay away from the subcompacts with small tires.

/ Least Expensive #8  
I think all of the subcompacts can dump over the side of a standard 2wd pickup. In fact, some actually have slightly more forward reach with the loader than the smaller compacts. All are equipped with Hydrostatic transmissions. Unless there's another qualification, sounds like that's the way to go. Check out the specs and drive all the brands and see what feels best to you. Get the loader with the tractor. Other attachments can be of any brand.

/ Least Expensive #9  
If you want cheap go with an off brand, gray market tractor and pray for good luck.,

If it is going to be one of your main retirement toys, I would think you would be thinking top of the line.

/ Least Expensive #10  
I am planning on buying a small tractor next spring. It will have a FEL, tiller, and blade. It must have a hydro or at least a shuttle shift. And it must have the larger tires so the FEL can dump over the side of a 2wd pickup.

RSKY

I think the Jinma 200 series (254 / 284 Model) would fit yours needs / use.

On the other hand if you will be depending on your selling dealer to peform your maintenance & repairs it may not work for you unless you have a servicing dealer or independent repair near by?.

These tractors do need a good prep before putting to work / sold. We are getting 27/28 hp at the pto on our dyno after the rings seat in.

3 cylinder diesel, 4X4, power steering, 2 stage clutch, shuttle shift trans.

We stock replacement parts and Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company is a major supplier for parts in the USA.

The tractor want know the differance what color the equipment is you attach to it.

It cost less for a loader when sold with a tractor from us.

Check out our web site if you like; Jinma Dealer, Wood Chipper , Compact Jinma Tractors

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply